MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Threads not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello!

First of all, props to everyone who has helped create MyBB 1.4! What a product! Smile

Now, on to my question(s)...I actually have several issues, but I think solving the first might solve the others.

Please visit my forum at:

http://featurific.com/support/

You can see that the General Support > General Support forum has several threads (currently 14). However, when you click through to the forum (without logging in), only 7 threads are displayed. Furthermore, there are no pagination options available for browsing the other threads.

If I stick one of the threads, things get even worse. In that case, the 'stuck' thread is displayed under the typical "Important Threads" heading. However, under the typical "Normal Threads" heading, only one thread appears. And again, there are no pagination options.

Everything changes when you create an account and log in, however, When you do this, all of the threads are visible and accessible.

I know this isn't a permissions issue for two reasons:
1. You can mess with the header sort options (clicking on 'Thread/Author', 'Replies', 'Views', etc. and the dropdowns 'Sort by: xxx', 'Order: descending', etc.) to make other posts appear as the 7 or 1 that are displayed according to the scenarios I presented above. So, the posts are all definitely visible, even as a guest.

2. Still logged in as guest, you can manually access the URLs for each of the posts (by manipulating 'thread-xxx.html' in the URL, all threads can be accessed)

Can someone please help me understand what is going on? As far as I can tell, this is a bug, but perhaps it's just a misconfiguration.

Thanks in advance! Smile
-Rich
Have you tried a recount and rebuild?? And do you have a default date cut-off limit set??
Hi Matt!

Thanks for your quick response. Smile As far as I can tell, I do not have a default date cut-off.

I have completed all of the following tasks to attempt to rectify the problem:
-Rebuilt all caches under "Cache Manager"
-Rebuilt/Recounted all items under "Recount & Rebuild"
-Ran all tasks under "Task Manager"

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Sad
-Rich
Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? It seems like a bug that someone else *must* have encountered before... :/ ?
I very much doubt this is a bug. For one, you're the first person I can remember having this problem, and also, something like this wouldn't only just be discovered now.

Are all your templates default??
Matt, you're probably right. However, this is very strange behavior for a completely stock installation (and all default templates), don't you think?

As a software developer myself, I know how annoying it is to have to deal with one-off problems like this, so I appreciate your patience and help. Perhaps it would help to poke around in the admin a little yourself. Would it be easiest for me to email you a temporary admin username/password, or do a GoToMeeting screen share?
bump? please? Smile
So you're sure you have not modified anything at all, all your files are default, all your templates are default, you have no plugins, you've rebuilt and recounted, but it still doesn't work??
Yup! Nothing fancy at all. You can tell by visiting the forum that it's pretty vanilla. (http://featurific.com/support)
(2009-02-27, 05:45 PM)rinogo Wrote: [ -> ]Yup! Nothing fancy at all. You can tell by visiting the forum that it's pretty vanilla. (http://featurific.com/support)
404 - Not Found..
Pages: 1 2 3 4