MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit button does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On my business forum - http://www.in-business.org.uk/forum/ the "Edit button" does not work. When you clikc on it nothing happens which means that, no one can edit their posts.

To confirm I have checked in my userCP and the "Edit Button" is checked so it should work.

This was a new installation with version 1.4.4 without any upgrades

Test user account is user name - testuser and the password is also testuser.

P.s. when I was in my userCP - I also noitced that when I tried to click on "Options" under the user list this did not work either>

Please help, thank you
Strange... can you provide a test user account for us to try?
For added information, I have just tried to edit this post and when I click on your "Edit Button" I get a drop down to select either "Quick edit" or "Full edit", so I see that your MyBB works just fine - I hope that helps with getting to the bottom of this problem and thank you in advance
If you look above you will see this is "testuser" and password "testuser"
What 'Edit Button' option is there in the UserCP?? Confused

Have you turned off AJAX?? The login button is meant to load with AJAX but it didn't, it's probbaly linked. Also make sure all the fiels needed are in ./jscripts/
The post edit button - in other words, if you have just made a post and realise there is an error and want to go back and edit it, you can't.

I will have a look at the AJAX - not sure where this is - will you point me in the right direction.

Please also will you exapndon the "Also make sure all the fiels needed are in ./jscripts/ " I have no idea what to do with this, thank you
ya, mines don't work either, it's very strange
Found it under the Enable XMLHttp request features, but looking up AJAX - I have set this to "NO" so I can at least now edit posts, however, unlike your forum, when I click on edit it jumps to a new page for full edit and does not give the option of quick edit - not such a problem though.

This has not helped with the "Options" button within userCP within "Users and Groups" this still does not work
indigored - if you want to be able to do full edit - go to your userCP and go to "configuration" and then to "Server and Optimization Options", scroll down to "Enable XMLHttp request features?" and select "No" - this solves part of the problem
my full edit works only, which is weird..
Make sure you have an up-to-date xmlhttp.php and replace all files in ./jscripts/ from the latest version of MyBB (available from http://mybboard.net/downloads)

If this doesn't solve the problem, open up ./inc/init.php, find this:

define("TIME_NOW", time());

And replace with:

define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);
define("TIME_NOW", time());

This will prevent all plugins from running (without uninstalling them). If it works then we know if it's a plugin issue. If it still doesn't work, I'd assume it was related to the theme...
works now, thanks
Pages: 1 2 3