MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Common SQL queries and how to run them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Excellent! thank you very much!
can i please have a query to change the owners password? I got locked out of my own account and I was wondering if this was possible.
Look at the third query down after the 'Ok, so what ones might I need??' title...
Suppose I want to recover a document that has been accidentally deleted while working. How would I do that? I shall be thankful if you send me the queries.
You can't recover a deleted file with an SQL query, they're not stored in the database, and if something is deleted from the database a query won't just add it back unless it's from a backup...
I thank you for providing me this information and your precious time.
How to set default avatar for new users? Whether this can be done through SQL queries?
What do you mean by this? "requires template changes to remove option to change again"
For example if you set everyone thats shown as invisible on the forum to visible:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `invisible` = '0' WHERE `invisible` = '1'

And you dont want to allow them to select that option again , you'll need to remove that option from the template so they cant set themselfs as invisible again.

The SQL query will only reset everyone to visible but the option will still remain available unless its removed from the template.
Oh so if I where to remove all the sig's or avatars nothing bad would happen right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6