MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remake the MyBB logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that the MyBB logo looks a little dated ... so I decided to redesign it myself! This is my first time doing this glossy Web 2.0 stuff, which I'm not a giant fan of, but I think it works in reference to a forum!

[Image: logo.png]

MyBB is using a glossy editor now, so I'm sure they don't mind the gloss.

Interested to hear what you guys think, and see your own take on redesigning the logo!
I like itSmile But I think it looks better with the old chat bubble. Maybe just use the old chat bubble and 'glossalize' it? I like how you did it thoughSmile Also, maybe make the reflection a bit smaller.
I think the three chat bubbles together is unnecessarily bulky. But that's just me! Tom, you design one now!
Ya know, why not remake the default theme to a web 2.0 on as well? It would fit better! Other than that, it looks very nice!

EDIT: Also, if you do choose to make a 2.0 theme, maybe use less famfamfam icons?
I'm not good at logo's, thoughConfused Do I have to embarrass myself?
(2009-01-31, 01:42 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not good at logo's, thoughConfused Do I have to embarrass myself?
No. Toungue
And besides, text logo's are easy to make. Toungue
(2009-01-31, 01:42 AM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know, why not remake the default theme to a web 2.0 on as well? It would fit better! Other than that, it looks very nice!

EDIT: Also, if you do choose to make a 2.0 theme, maybe use less famfamfam icons?

i like the famfamfam icons hahaha

if you know some better ones i'd like to say them!
GoodSmile I really don't want toToungue I made a decent logo for LearnMyBB, and it was decent - but nothing special.Toungue
I think the three talking bubbles is a MyBB thing from way back - not that I would really know though.

Your logo looks awesome. I can't wait to see Justin's response here. =P
Me neitherToungue It's quite impressiveSmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9