MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Did you switch forum software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I converted all my phpbb 2.x sites to mybb long ago. I had at least 5 existing forums and started a new site with mybb and liked it so much that I converted the rest of my sites to Mybb.

So my question is...did you switch from another forum software and which one?
I switched from vbulletin and then from alot of phpbb 2.0 sites.
Switched from SMF to phpbb 2.x.x to Mybb.
I forgot my largest site at the time was vBulletin which I had converted to from phpbb. I thought VB was the answer to my problems but it wasn't. It was MORE problems. Not until I went Mybb did I really feel I had a grip on my forum management. Other software had me feeling helpless even though I had also created modifications for phpbb. Mybb offers me the flexibility I need.
vB to MyBB.
I switched because my 14 yr old son found MyBB & asked me if I would help him change his forum over to MyBB from phpbb 3.0.4. I said I would look at it & see what I thought I was amazed out the features & how easy it was to implement plugins. phpbb has always been a chore to keep up to date & add plugins/features.

When I get some time I just need to learn about color changes atleast for the board. I already tried a template but it was going to require work to get the plugins to work with it.

Overall Good job MyBB Staff!!
PHPBB 2.0 >> MyBB.
I've switched from using Jcink, an IPB 1.3 final host, to MyBB. Toungue
I honestly don't remember. I was probably just looking at every free script out there till I found something I liked. And, well MyBB is the only script I have stuck with for years now Toungue.
smf 1.1.4 => mybb 1.29 I think...

Merge System was still in Beta testing to registered volunteers in a not-public board
Pages: 1 2 3