MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Including Signiture option automatically checked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When posting a thread or a post, I would like to know how to get the Including Signiture option Automatically checked. I would have thought this would be on default but it's obviously not, and I can't find how to fix it anywhere.
Edit your signature, and check the option saying "Enable my signature in all my existing posts" and save your signature. After that, it should be checked by default.
I tried doing that but it never worked.

Is there a way for it to automatically happen with every member as soon as they register?

EDIT:

Well, I actually made a signiture and clicking that option worked, but that shouldn't be the case. It should automatically be done in my opinion.
(2009-02-04, 12:33 AM)richjohnny Wrote: [ -> ]I tried doing that but it never worked.

Is there a way for it to automatically happen with every member as soon as they register?

EDIT:

Well, I actually made a signiture and clicking that option worked, but that shouldn't be the case. It should automatically be done in my opinion.
Why? If a user has no signature, there's no point in it being ticked.
yes, but users with signitures will find ticking annoying.

And if the user has no signiture, then whoopdy-doo, no signiture has to be posted.

Sorry to be rude, but I find asking Why would I want such a feature to be quite rude.
(2009-02-04, 01:07 AM)richjohnny Wrote: [ -> ]yes, but users with signitures will find ticking annoying.

And if the user has no signiture, then whoopdy-doo, no signiture has to be posted.
You don't need to tick it if you have a signature. It's logic, not what-you-think coding behind all of it. It's simple logic, to be honest; if a user has no signature, no point in ticking it; if a user has a signature - tick it.
All I need a is a simple yes or no.

Is there a way for it to be automatically checked? Don't ask me why, please.

If you can't help me then I'll try and find a way myself.
(2009-02-04, 01:10 AM)richjohnny Wrote: [ -> ]All I need a is a simple yes or no.

Is there a way for it to be automatically checked? Don't ask me why, please.
I think a template modification would be required, but I'm sure it can be.
(2009-02-04, 01:10 AM)richjohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for it to be automatically checked?...

Yes, as soon as a user actually creates a sig (whether they choose 'enable in old posts' or not), then the box is automatically checked.
MyBB designers programmed this perfectly.
(2009-02-04, 04:57 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-04, 01:10 AM)richjohnny Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for it to be automatically checked?...

Yes, as soon as a user actually creates a sig (whether they choose 'enable in old posts' or not), then the box is automatically checked.
MyBB designers programmed this perfectly.
I already said that, and he wants it so that it's checked whether or not a user has a signature - which I can't understand why.Confused
Pages: 1 2