MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYbb is definately the leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was using mybb till yesterday. I just seen the smf themes and thought they were nice so i just changed my mybb directory and installed smf. I used smf for a day and got so tires of it that now ill never install it.
The admin panel was confusing to me and also customising themes in smf are way more difficult.
Mybb has a way better look too.
Mybb rocksssss
Yes,
MyBB has that effect on people. Smile
Even before I was staff, I always thought all other admin panels were cluttered and 1/2 useless. I've used SMF, phpBB, IPB, and vBulletin - and don't like any of their admin control panels.Confused vBulletin's has to be the woarst, then SMF's, then IPB's, then phpBB's(which I can almost standToungue)
you absolutely right glenvarun...

I think, I would never try other forum software Big Grin
i never tried vbulletin but i can say that mybb admin panel is far better than any of the others
I tried the free vB trial, not nearly as good as MyBB 1.4
(2009-02-08, 07:20 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Even before I was staff, I always thought all other admin panels were cluttered and 1/2 useless. I've used SMF, phpBB, IPB, and vBulletin - and don't like any of their admin control panels.Confused vBulletin's has to be the woarst, then SMF's, then IPB's, then phpBB's(which I can almost standToungue)

MyBB's ACP is excellent, more to the point, the 1.4 ACP is excellent. I do disagree with you though, one of the software's you mentioned have an ACP I quite liked, but MyBB have done a spectacular transition from 1.2.
Themes are definitely MyBB's weak point. Think I'll get back to work on mine today.
(2009-02-08, 09:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Themes are definitely MyBB's weak point.
I wouldn't say that. MyBB's default theme is way better than vBulletin's and IPB's out-of-the-box. And default themes aren't meant to be liked, as most users will change it anywaysToungue
(2009-02-08, 10:17 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-08, 09:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Themes are definitely MyBB's weak point.
I wouldn't say that. MyBB's default theme is way better than vBulletin's and IPB's out-of-the-box. And default themes aren't meant to be liked, as most users will change it anywaysToungue
I disagree with this. While I do not like vBulletin's default theme colors, I do like the template. As for the IPB Pro theme, I absolutely love it Smile

I do like the way that the IPB's Admin CP lets you edit the images. I also like the style. But in terms of usability, the award goes to MyBB.
Pages: 1 2 3