MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Six Methods to Protect Your MyBB Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Great tips, thanks for them!
Very nice!
Since all of my IPs are static, the .htaccess for the /admin folder will be great! I can't believe I didn't think of that.
I have the /admin ErrorDocument 403 to redirect to thebest404pageever Big Grin
Nice tips, but with the fact most IP's change nearly every day, you can't really .htaccess protect the admin folder using specific IP's Undecided

Good guide however Smile
(2010-11-26, 04:28 PM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice!
Since all of my IPs are static, the .htaccess for the /admin folder will be great! I can't believe I didn't think of that.
I have the /admin ErrorDocument 403 to redirect to thebest404pageever Big Grin
Glad it works for you!

(2010-11-26, 05:13 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Nice tips, but with the fact most IP's change nearly every day, you can't really .htaccess protect the admin folder using specific IP's Undecided

Good guide however Smile
Thanks. Like Cooldude has shown above, it does depend on your ISP. Some ISPs do change, others don't.
Great stuff Zash, thanks for the heads up. Better safe today than sorry tomorrow.
Bookmarking this, thanks for the tips Smile
(2009-02-10, 02:34 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]If you have multiple administrators, use the following code instead:

Quote:ErrorDocument 403 http://www.mybbwebhost.com
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 123.45.67.899
Allow from 998.76.54.321

Change the green to each of the IP addresses, and the red to the domain you wish to redirect other people.

Having added a list of IP addresses to access adminCP, when trying to access adminCP, from one of the IP addresses, it still bounces to the redirected page.
Are there any suggestions?

(2011-01-09, 11:38 AM)chef Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-10, 02:34 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
Having added a list of IP addresses to access adminCP, when trying to access adminCP, from one of the IP addresses, it still bounces to the redirected page.
Are there any suggestions?
putting a comma after the deny from all seems to work

so it should look like;
Quote:ErrorDocument 403 http://www.mybbwebhost.com
Order deny,allow
Deny from all,
Allow from 123.45.67.899
Allow from 998.76.54.321
Are commas needed for each link of 'allowed' IP addresses?
Very useful advice. Thank you!
Quick question- when I try to PW protect my admin dir using my standard LAMP cPanel, I get a 404 error when trying to access the dir via the adminCP link.... anyone know why that is?
(2011-02-22, 06:46 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question- when I try to PW protect my admin dir using my standard LAMP cPanel, I get a 404 error when trying to access the dir via the adminCP link.... anyone know why that is?

The two shouldn't be related...404 means that the file isn't there. 401 Error means Authorization Required, which is what you should get aside from the prompt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10