MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Six Methods to Protect Your MyBB Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Many Many Thanks For Great Tutorial.................
I would add to use a random password generator, don't think up your own.
Really .. Many Many Sorry For Double Post...
(2009-03-24, 12:01 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Just bumping this cause I feel it's very important. By the way, feel free to share your own methods of securing your MyBB installation here as well! Smile

Yes great service u got!
This really helped me , Thanks!
Hello. I really want to use this on my Forum, but when I do it (step-by-step) I get a 404 ERROR when going to my site. I go through HostGator if that helps.

Thanks James
(2013-10-24, 09:05 AM)James8668 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I really want to use this on my Forum, but when I do it (step-by-step) I get a 404 ERROR when going to my site. I go through HostGator if that helps.

Thanks James

I can't really help without more information about what exactly you're doing/trying to do. Which step are you implementing?
Bumping this as I feel it's necessary for everyone to read, moreover, everyone should use the Secret PIN in MyBB 1.8+ versions. And ask your admins and mods to make a secure password, as attacks may not come from hackers specifically, anyone who's able to hijack a moderator's account, would be able to perma-delete multiple threads, and I'm sure that's not something that will make your day Wink
Thanks man.
does anyone have a generic error page? the mybb error page probably isnt good Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10