MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discussion Board is Set Up! How Do I...(5 questions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yep, go to ACP > Templates & Style > Import a Theme > and browse for the theme's .xml file.
Hi Matt,

OK, now when I go to browse, do I go to my desktop or URL? I tried to do both (2 hours ago) but it wouldn't take them, I suppose because I was trying to attach the whole download instead of the .xml file?)?
Yeah you only need the xml, if you extract it to somewhere on your computer, click Browse on the theme import page and find it.
Hi, OK it didn't work. I opened the icon for the theme on my desktop and it says "Windows cannot open this file."
You don't need to open the file, just unzip the archive and put the xml file somewhere.
Unzip it? From where? I clicked on download on the theme, and now it's on my desktop, but it's not a zipfile.
Well, it will be, all of the downloads are archives of some sort unless your computer automatically unpacks it.
I checked properties; It says it's an RAR file.
Right, and a .rar is similar to a .zip, it's an archive, and you need winrar to unpack it. It might be easier, then, to upload the whole package to your server, unpack it on there, and then give the URL to the .xml file instead of browsing for it.
How do I upload the whole package to my server?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7