MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!! I got banned from my own Forum...WTF??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This is strange, I just got banned from my own forum!

I clicked on the 'newest' and 'oldest' thread directional buttons at the bottom of a page, then got banned!

How am I going to get out of this one?

I included a screen shot of the ban.

ThanksSmile
Try modifiying your file in the database. I don't know excatly what to do when you are their but that is a start.
Looks Like You Got Banned By Akismet. Doesn't It Have Groups To Ignore Set To Admin By Default?
(2009-02-14, 02:14 AM)joshuam08 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks Like You Got Banned By Akismet. Doesn't It Have Groups To Ignore Set To Admin By Default?

I didn't think I had to actually set this, now I know.

So, what do I need to do to reclaim my username and get back on the board?

What is the simplest resolution?

Also, once I get back on the forum, what do I need to check so this doesn't happen again?

Thanks
Go to PhpMyAdmin and enter this MySQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1'

Since your banned, you will be in banned group(no duh) and this will move you back to the admin group, witch will cancel the ban(at least I believe.. lol). Wink
(2009-02-14, 03:41 AM)11PM Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PhpMyAdmin and enter this MySQL query:

Since your banned, you will be in banned group(no duh) and this will move you back to the admin group, witch will cancel the ban(at least I believe.. lol). Wink

Thanks 11PM!

How do I access, PHpMyAdmin?

I am entirely shut out of my forum!
(2009-02-14, 03:55 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-14, 03:41 AM)11PM Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PhpMyAdmin and enter this MySQL query:

Thanks 11PM!

There should be a link to it in your host's control panel.
(2009-02-14, 03:55 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks 11PM!

You can access it thru your web hosting control panel.
your fault for not making another account with admin access
(2009-02-14, 04:14 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]your fault for not making another account with admin access

I Only Have 1 Admin Account.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5