MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PreInstallation Theme Change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it possible for me to change from the default theme to another theme before I install MyBB?
I think you'd need to edit the .xml file in the install folder.. But I could be wrong.
oh ok. I'll poke around a bit
Why not just install, add a new theme and remove the default??
Because I'm trying something new. I was just wondering if I could remove/replace the default before I install so that when I do install, I'm ready to go.
It doesn't sound impossible. You could probably do it by looking through the files of the new theme and changing the code that is inserted into the database for the default theme to the code that's added for the new theme. Would certainly be easier to install it after, though Toungue
True, but I want to at least know how to do it this way. I'll check it out after church tonight
truly a solution in search of a problem

edit: also in search of solution
I think you'll need to change two things. But a quick question, do you mean the installers theme, or the forum's first theme?
(2009-02-22, 09:51 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll need to change two things. But a quick question, do you mean the installers theme, or the forum's first theme?

pretty sure he means the forum's theme

essentially he wants the theme he wishes to use to be the default theme once installation is finished (even though doing this will inevitably take longer than installing the theme after installation)
Pages: 1 2 3