MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which MyBB features have you never used?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just curious..

I've not yet used a Post Icon, as far as I can remember, on here or any forum really.. unless it was something urgent. They are kind of space-takers for me.

I pay no attention to thread or forum subscriptions. I just do a search of my most recent posts to see where I was active lately. It'd be nice if the "search my posts/threads links" could be in the header..

I don't use the RSS feature. I actually have no RSS subscriptions anywhere really. I just have a routine.

Used the calendar feature once maybe..

I do not use the buddy list feature.

I don't use the Notepad.

Have yet to have to "edit folders" for my messages.

I've never used the "collapse" features on anything. Not sure why really. Just haven't.

I don't really use the Current Time feature to check the time or date. I just look to my left at my digital cable box for the time. What day it is really doesn't matter haha..

Never used the away feature.. I just step away..

Never used "Linear mode" for threads..

Never used the "forum jump".

Never have used the "thread status icons" for any type of reference. They just seem to kind of clutter things up a bit. There are too many of them.

I've never used the "thread display order" features... I just keep them looking normal.

About all I can think of ... what about you guys? What features do you not use? This may help to give the dev's an outlook on things... I'm a minority though, I'm sure of that.
I've used them all I think..As far as I rememberToungue
Pretty much everything you just said lol

I actually removed post icons from my board. They're cute, but worthless.
I'm considering making a new batch one these days but it's not my main priority.. It takes forever making mini-graphics look right as well as usable but not so usable they clutter things up.. Their purpose is to actually organize threads somewhat but they don't really seem to have that appeal. Note when I say "they" I mean the current batch.
Funny, as I mention this I just realize they are also used in post replies also.. I always thought they only showed when creating a new thread.. 0.o
I find Thread Subscriptions extremely useful on gigantic boards where threads get swallowed up in a matter of hours, so that I don't need to look through pages and pages when I could just look in my User CP.

Post Icons are just plain awesome Toungue

I don't think I've ever used the New Posts or Today's Posts feature. I hate Linear, I've used the Forum Jump before. I sometimes use the RSS feature, I completely delete the Calendar off of some of my boards. I rarely use the Buddy System, and I never print/email threads.
Pretty much the same as atomicj, except I use thread subscriptions a lot, the notepad very occasionally, and collapse the archive forums.
I don't use the notepad, calender, Friends List, print, and a few others.
The features that I've never used are the ones I don't know about.
Unless you want to know where Britney Spears is at any given moment in time, RSS is quite pointless. It's possible that there's only 0.3% of the Internet population using RSS, so there isn't that massive market out there (although granted, it has potential). Until I can check the price on my eBay items with RSS, it will probably remain pointless.

I'm using the buddy list more as MyNetwork and other things are getting tested. It too is just useless at the moment.
(2009-03-02, 09:05 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the buddy list more as MyNetwork and other things are getting tested. It too is just useless at the moment.

YES, this. I almost never use the buddy list. Really excited to see what you do with it!
Pages: 1 2