MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with MyBB Newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't install themes, not sure why.

I'm trying the afresh orange theme.

So far, I've uploaded the "orange" folder into the images directory. I simply zipped the folder, and uploaded it into the images directory, then unzipped.

I then went to the ACP and tried to install (import new theme>>AfreshOrange.xml) as the install says, but under the themes main page is still only "default."

Not sure what I did wrong, but I couldn't figure it out on my own. Latest version available MyBB 1.4.4 as well.

Thanks in advance!
When uploading the theme check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" box.
(2009-03-05, 03:04 AM)Snowman01 Wrote: [ -> ]When uploading the theme check the "Ignore Version Compatibility" box.

I've tried that as well.
Checklist:

1) unzip the theme folder
2) upload the images to the ./images of your forum
3) import the theme via the AdminCP
4) click the ignore version compatibility
5) Click Import
6) Click the default button on its right to make it the default theme
7) check your forums.

If you did all that it should be good. If not, I could take a look for you Big Grin just PM me your info and I could import however many themes you want.
I've done all of those, exactly, but the theme never showed up under the theme main page to make it my default theme.

I'll PM details.
You can't have imported it right then, or something weird has happened. Are your CHMOD settings right?? You can PM me details and a URL to the theme if you want.
I got the admin details, I'll try to import the theme, but I'll need ftp access to upload the images too. Also, which theme do you want?
(2009-03-06, 02:32 AM)Elegant Totality Wrote: [ -> ]I got the admin details, I'll try to import the theme, but I'll need ftp access to upload the images too. Also, which theme do you want?

The images are uploaded correctly under the images folder >> orange folder. I touched nothing on the files. I zipped the orange folder, uploaded the zip under the images folder on the server.. then unzipped.

So if the images aren't CHMOD correctly the theme will not import?

It's under the images folder, so it looks like:

public_html >> mybb >> images >> orange

Where can I find what to CHMOD the files under the orange folder, if I chose this theme.
You'll need to make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777 otherwise you'll run into other problems, not sure if that could also cause this problem though.
(2009-03-06, 08:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777 otherwise you'll run into other problems, not sure if that could also cause this problem though.

Both are set to 777

Is this a compatibility issue? Both are up to date as far as I could tell..
Also, eventually I'd like to convert my current phpbb forums to the myBB forums. Is this problem going to persist?

Maybe we can skip this problem somehow by disclosing that information? Just an idea..
Pages: 1 2 3