MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Change Subscribe Default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
.... how?? What 'isn't working'?? There's not really anything to go wrong with it. They can't change it, it sets them to receive emails whenever they save their settings, and everybody is set to it because of the SQL query. Are some people still not set to it, then??
Hi Matt! Smile

Yeah when you write a post, it still automatically on "Do not subscribe to this thread" and I want it to default onto "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies"
And are you sure you followed all the steps??
Hmm...it's been a while. I know that I replaced the 2 codes with the code you gave me. I'm pretty sure I did the third step but can't find the PHP now to confirm. Where would I find it in my MyBB CP?
It's not PHP or in the ACP, it's an SQL query.
OK that could do it. Can you please tell me exactly what I need to click on in order to get there?
Just a quote from earlier on the thread:

(2009-03-09, 08:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That'll be in your host control panel, could be called something else

Ask your host if you can't find it, isn't the sort of thing we can give a definite answer to...
What does SQL query mean? I don't know what that means or how to find that.
I gave it to you earlier in the thread Undecided
"Running the SQL query will also make sure they're all subscribed via email."

"They can't change it, it sets them to receive emails whenever they save their settings, and everybody is set to it because of the SQL query."

I don't know what SQL theory means. I don't know where to look in the host to find whatever I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for. And I don't know what to do once I find it.

If you don't know how to help me please just say so. Not giving me anything step by step to do is just wasting both of our times, and I'll just ask someone else who can help me quickly, or let me know there is nothing we can do to change this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5