MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: increasing space of attachment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello

i want to increase space of attachment so that user can attach files upto 100mb

so how to increase it.

thank u
You would have to change your "max upload" size in Apache (or whatever your host uses). You'll probably have to ask your host to do this, and I doubt they will.
And then:
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Attachment Types
There you can edit the attachment types to the file sizes you want - but if your "max upload" setting is not equal to or greater than the attachment sizes defined in the Admin CP then it won't work anyway.

In short, if you are hosted with a hosting company you will not be able to upload files larger than whatever it says under Admin CP --> Tools & Maintenance - look under the stats section for Max Upload
it mean mybb script supports unlimited attachments but our host should be also capable for it
MyBB can do it - there are a few options that your host will have to change to accommodate for it though. But like I said, hosts aren't too willing to do that.

Why can't you just tell them to upload larger attachments elsewhere? Smile
i seem ny stats from tools and maintenance or system health.it showed me

Total Database Size 636.74 KB Attachment Space used N/A

Total Cache Size 29.96 KB Estimated Attachment Bandwidth Usage 0 bytes

Max Upload / POST Size 1500K / 2M Average Attachment Size 0 bytes

i cant say them bcoz i want users can download others attachment from my forum and if they request anything like song or mp3, they can get from here.so i want to increase space
Then you need to ask your host. Can you read? The answer was already given to you.
ok thanks i will do that
Currently you can only upload about 1.5MB per file.

I suggest using a site like www.rapidshare.com or www.megaupload.com

Anyway, that's sort of not MyBB support any more. Wink
IS MY HOST WILL GIVE PERMISSION TO UPLOAD FILES UPTO 50MB

I SEEN THAT HERE IN MYBB WE CAN UPLOAD FILES UPTO 50MB,SO IS IT MEAN THAT OWNER OF MYBB HAS ALSO ASKED TO HIS HOST FOR INCREASING SPACE FOR ATTACHMENT?

THANKS
Just because there's a 50MB total attachment limit doesn't mean you can upload a single 50MB file.
Pages: 1 2