MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How was MyBB designed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"It's amazing! I can build a site like this in minutes!"

From Imaad
(2009-03-19, 06:17 PM)WaheedI Wrote: [ -> ]"It's amazing! I can build a site like this in minutes!"

From Imaad

I was just quoting from what people say from whom think Dreamweaver can do miracles. Toungue
Dreamweavers Like frontpage but more complicated Big Grin

Hats off to the MyBB Team though
This software is undoubtedly the best
The admin control panel beats vbulletins, Wink
If you are looking for a good editor for PHP in Linux "Geany" is the best, for windows PHP Designer and many more
I've always wanted to try PHP Designer! I use Notepad++ for all of my PHP stuffz. I wish PHP Designer was freeSad
I'll care to give a proper answer.

A software, besides being designed needs to be written. Now this design I am talking about is the way functionality is put together and has absolutely nothing to do with whatever many people think dreamweaver does.

The looks of mybb, those I guess were designed using several tools, image editors, text editors etc. But it's not like somebody simply opened dreamweaver and hacked together an html layout.
Things do not work that way.

Sorry to disappoint you, dreamweaver, frontpage, whatever are not of any use if you want to do something serious.

Bottom line is: is totally irrelevant if dreamweaver was used or not, this is a PHP application, dreamweaver is a text/HTML editor, onde can use it to edit PHP, but then you can use whatever text editor you feel more confortable with. Dreamweaver will not make miracles.

EDIT:I don't see why geany gets so much buzz, I find gedit clearly superior.
(2009-03-19, 11:16 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wanted to try PHP Designer! I use Notepad++ for all of my PHP stuffz. I wish PHP Designer was freeSad

Aptana seems like it works exactly like it, and it's free.
Undecided

I've used Dreamweaver for years, and if I had a choice, would use it all the time. I don't know why, I just like it. But just like any piece of software, it will not magically whip up a fantastic website. The software is only as good as the designer.
I use dreamweaver I find myself never looking at code in designer mode because it never seems to come out like it would in an actually browser. I do like aptana though its pretty nice but I'm to much acustomed to dreamweaver.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5