MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any Linux Expert?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings,

Is there any linux expert here who can help me in setting up my board. I recently bought VPS, I have no knowledge of linux and after buying host told me its un-managed Confused

Please help Blush

Ty.
Well they should have a money back guarantee. Use it and find a place that has at least semi-managed Wink.

or, start looking at http://www.howtoforge.com/.
I think I have a little problem with apache, Can anyone please help?

Thank you.
It's helps if you tell us the problem. You may want to look into installing a web control panel. They usually do a pretty good job installing and configuring Apache, PHP, and MySQL for you.Wink
(2009-03-30, 09:21 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]It's helps if you tell us the problem. You may want to look into installing a web control panel. They usually do a pretty good job installing and configuring Apache, PHP, and MySQL for you.Wink
Depends on the control panel you choose to use what distro of linux do you have go to howtoforge and follow one of the how to make the perfect server. Also moved to chit-chat since it really doesn't belong in services.
CP: Lxadmin
Dist: CentOS 5

Problem: I am getting Error 500 when editing / deleting post. When changing Avatar. ModCp & one link in Admin CP too.
Make sure the user or group Apache is running under has file perms.
You're gonna need a lot more help than a few lines of do this do that...

Try webhostingtalk.com and start to learn as much as you can. It's the only way.
If you need help with Linux send me a PM. I have a bit of expirience with linux.
Why do you rent a Linux server when you have zero Linux knowledge? When you don't know how to use VPS you're much better off with a webhosting that just works (even if it's a shared host).

If you're willing to learn though, go to the homepage of the distro that is installed on your VPS, download their manual, register with their forums, or go to their chat channels, and start reading, learning, asking questions the right way, and learn how to maintain your own server by yourself.
Pages: 1 2