MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to put a bunch of CSS / HTML code in header/ something?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to put some HTML onto every page in my forum. I cannot figure out how editing the header works, (It gets kind of confusing with a non-standard theme.) I need to put some css in the header, and move the logo and everything in the forum two (2) <p>'s down. I will have a line of buttons along the top, which, in a compatible browser, will follow you, and in one that doesn't support fixed, will stay at the top.

You can see an example at: http://www.joshuavillwock.is-a-geek.com/test01.html (if you really want to see the FULL extent of it, you will need to veiw it in a browser that supports fixed positioning (not IE)

If this is not possible, is there a different way I could do this easily?
(I don't really need the little thing on the right, but I need to have some kind of menu on each page that stands out, that goes different places than just in the forum.
bump?
Admin CP > Themes and Templates > your theme template > Header Template > header > Edit

and add what you want , If you want to add in the Uper most portion of your forum header then add your Content just below the
<div id="container">

If you want to add your Content Just below the logo.gif OR called banner, add before
 <div class="menu">

Thats it
Hope it helps Smile
Yes, but is it possible to "inject" CSS that would affect this, I need to put css into it as well....?
CSS injection Smile within the template is not possible, use your theme templae > global.css for suc kinds of works
Best Regards
ghazal
Oh yeah, I forgot about the global.css. That should work thanks.
Your kind wordings are satisfaction for me that I could help Smile

Thankyou
ghazal
thanks, but one other thing- when I go to my header template(s) which one should i edit? There are 4- global, default, midnight, Midnight. I am using the midnight theme, but there are two of them, should i just use global?
Check your Theme config and see which template set it is using. Edit the header template from that template set.
Thanks! wow! Hamster is on here too?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
wait a sec..... I removed the "Calender" button to test it, but it is not gone off my forum. ????
Strange it does not update.....
and yes, I did clear the cache.
(well it is php...)
that is strange, no matter what I change, it doesn't take effect..... Sad
Pages: 1 2