MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [plugin - release] VB Style Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Plugin: VB Style Menu
Add a VB style menu.
Description: A plugin that add a multilevel smooth transitional menu to your site.

How to install:

Copy the file custmenu.php in: /inc/plugins folder
Copy the file ddsmoothmenu.js in: /jscripts folder
Copy the file ddsmoothmenu.css in: /css folder
Edit the menu.htm to fit your needs, there are some examples in it, you can leave them as they are or you can modify them as you please
Copy the file menu.htm in: / folder
Copy the gif images in: /images folder
Activate from AdminCP

Please, let me know if you find any bugs - here or by PM.
Enjoy!
Live Demo: http://eduard.homedns.org/forum
http://test.edidesign.ro
Download:
http://test.edidesign.ro/thread-150.html
EDIT: Because one of the templates need some manual modification I will not release the plugin here. It is easier for me to support it on my site.
The plugin is a FREE plugin, no strings attached (no links, no payments no..)
Hi,

really nice plugin! Smile but you should add a fallback for user, who disabled JS (for example they will see the "classic" navigation).
currently there is only a non-function "Site map"-link.
okays, thats another classical edition of thors, great work
Nice one. Sadly (read further and decide), I can't use it on my main site as I use the vbnavbar (and I love it). As I'm in the begging of creating an internal site for a good friend of my, I think this would work for his intranet site (it will, eventually, have an outside - internet part).
fantastic, but sad i am not register at your forum and it require signup for download
(2009-04-02, 07:55 PM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]fantastic, but sad i am not register at your forum and it require signup for download

As Thor mentioned, it's a FREE plugin, all you have to do is register on the forum as a member as you would on any other forum and simply download it (or any other free plugin).
Quote:The plugin is a FREE plugin, no strings attached (no links, no payments no..)

Registration is a string imho..false advertising. Smile

Good plugin though and I am registering to check it out.
(2009-04-02, 09:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The plugin is a FREE plugin, no strings attached (no links, no payments no..)

Registration is a string imho..false advertising. Smile

Good plugin though and I am registering to check it out.

Hey you registered some time ago, don't need to register again.
As I said I had one of my MyBB forums hacked (I sent you an PM on MyBBCentral about it), so registration is something that I would like to have. May be I am to cautious, but better worry than sorry.
(2009-04-02, 03:07 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

really nice plugin! Smile but you should add a fallback for user, who disabled JS (for example they will see the "classic" navigation).
currently there is only a non-function "Site map"-link.
The users that disabled JS, will have some issues also with other more important functions of the forum, I don't think at that moment they will care too much about the top menu. Smile
But thank you for testing my plugin.
Also, that link should be modified by the ones that will install the plugin on their site, in my case is only a example what should be modified
(2009-04-02, 07:55 PM)Ghazala_Wali Wrote: [ -> ]fantastic, but sad i am not register at your forum and it require signup for download

If you have issues signing in, no problem, less traffic to my site Smile
But considering the work hours behind making plugins at least this you should be able to do, it is a one minute signing process, after that you get big chunk my work for free. And you don't need to post or do anything else.
Great plugin! It has a nice design but the rollover feature is sometimes annoying. Can you make it an option so that one can opt out of the rollover feature for a click dropdown?
It's very nice. I don't like menus like this, though.
Pages: 1 2 3