MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Severe Weather!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-04-05, 07:44 PM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of severe weather. We are under a tornado watch here in southern IL. There is a strong line of storms getting ready to hit us, just heavy rain, windy and thunder right now.

And that same system is dumping snow up this way. Probably 5-8 when all is said and done.

And yeah they tend to blow them sirens here a bit too often IMO. Problem here is where it is located in relation to lake MI. A number of storms tend to be moving along fine across Northern Indiana and then the Lake breeze catches them and cause them to hook left right up this way which leads to alot of Radar indicated Tornadoes as they tend to take on the hook echo look and get some rotation going above ( but hardly ever makes it down )when making that turn up here. Have had a few touch down nearby but nothing in this town in the 5yrs i have been here. Bad thing is what it has done to the Public with all the false alarms because most dont and wont take them serious anymore when they blast.
I survived Hurricane Iniki, and I can vouch they can be nasty. They didn't let school out until the winds were in excess of 110mph, and then we had to make our way across a grass field to the bus. My house is literally 4 feet above sea level (and half block from the beach), so we had to lift everything up at least 3 feet (it wasn't easy putting the piano on our kitchen table!). We also had to board up our windows and tie down any coconut fronds in the yard (a single frond can weigh over 30 pounds). It took 3 weeks to clean up.
We're supposed to be getting ~1 foot of snow in a day. Severe snow+sleet warning from 12:30AM tonight->8:30AM on WednesdayConfused Ugh. I hope I don't have school tomorrow!!
What, im in mass and im not getting none of that.
(2009-04-07, 03:58 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]What, im in mass and im not getting none of that.
Is that to me, or..?
(2009-04-07, 04:03 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-07, 03:58 AM)JonP Wrote: [ -> ]What, im in mass and im not getting none of that.
Is that to me, or..?

Um, I think it's about the foot of snow.
(2009-04-07, 11:41 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
Is that to me, or..?

Ah. We ended up getting barely anythingSad What a bummer!
(2009-04-08, 08:12 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-07, 11:41 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
Is that to me, or..?

Ah. We ended up getting barely anythingSad What a bummer!

Quick questions.
1. Location?
2. Who was calling for a foot of snow?
1. a place in New YorkToungue
2. the meteorologist(s).
Here is whats coming to me!!!
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/pah/?n=severeweather
Pages: 1 2 3