MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Severe Weather!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
nws.noaa.gov; My favorite place on the web! Toungue
Yes. I frequently hang out in http://espotter.weather.gov/ now dont any yall be putting in false info :p thats a government site
We got 70MPH winds!
(2009-04-09, 10:11 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]1. a place in New YorkToungue
2. the meteorologist(s).

Gonna guess the forecast was based on expected lake effect Snows? As i know damn well that storm itself was not forecasted by any forecast model etc to dump that kind of snow out that way because of it's track. I'll admit that always is a pain with forecasting Lake Effect Snow especially this time of the year and or early fall. Typically it is elevation dependent with the better snows being found at places higher up and at times can mean the difference of just a couple hundred feet. Not helping matters either is the Lakes are typically still pretty cold this time of the year and thus less to work with such as lift/dynamics etc and so you need some pretty cold air to help overcome that both above and here at the surface.

Typically even if they do bust i'll stick with the NWS over any TV guy unless it is someone who has been around for a long time and knows the climo there very well. I rarely if ever follow anything said by the TV guys around here. Most of them either like to play it too safe ( with winter storms etc ) or honestly have no clue about the climo here believe it or not. Example being the other day when it snowed and one of those clowns say how that is as cold as it will ever get here and snow wont and dont happen from this point on.
1. The day that guy said that so happens to be the day of a big Artic outbreak and snowstorm in which temps failed to get above the 20s and lows went below zero a day or so later. Temps this go around didnt even get down below 28 in most places.
2. A visit to the NWS climo section shows storms that have dropped a foot of snow as late as May 21st etc and a number of other May snow events as well.

That sort of thing happening is way to common with the TV guys and thus why i never pay attention to them. Not to mention alot of these TV people ( see The Weather Channel for a perfect example ) are hired for thier looks and that sort of thing rather then weather forecasting abilities.
I used to love the weather channel until their climate expert said the AMS should revoke licenses of those who dont believe in global warming crap!
(2009-04-12, 05:28 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I used to love the weather channel until their climate expert said the AMS should revoke licenses of those who dont believe in global warming crap!

Are you saying that you don't believe in global warming?
(2009-04-12, 05:28 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I used to love the weather channel until their climate expert said the AMS should revoke licenses of those who dont believe in global warming crap!

UGH.. The GW crap. But yeah that was another major downfall of them people. It is sad to think about how many people have been mislead by the gw crap. Most of which mind you has been pushed by people who have zero clue about the how weather works etc.
(2009-04-12, 05:32 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]

He may or may not but i certainly dont. I however have a much better understanding of how our climate works as well.

Now IF you ask me if i believe in climate change then YES i do. Everything goes in cycles and there is plenty of evidence to support it as well. Thus why the earth has periods of cooling and warming. Sorry but man doesnt exert that kind of force on our climate despite what some might say. For that i suggest looking at our Oceans, the sun etc as to what has a bigger influence. Plenty of data now coming out that shows the warming has stopped and stopped back in the 1990s which mind you despite what a few said were NOT the warmest period ever either. For that i suggest looking back at the 1930s and or around that period of time. Also plenty of evidence showing why it has stopped which clearly kills the GW debate and or those who say it is happening. A number of these people who have been pushing that as well are now back peddling already as well with delaying this and that with the warmth be it with the so called prediction of the total loss of Artic Sea Ice or global temps. Keep watching too as more will be coming out that totally shatters the whole global warming crap.
I work for the coal mines, so can you imagine my answer? No, I don't. I think its all BS Smile It doesn't matter what humans do or not do. IF the Earth wants to quit, its gonna quit.

Its like I always tell my Mom when she runs through the house opening windows during a tornado. I say "If the tornado wants the windows open, it will do it itself".
(2009-04-12, 05:32 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]

Pages: 1 2 3