MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New index page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know i have seen it somewhere but cant find it.
A plugin that offers a custom front page? With perhaps a breif outline of latest posts etc. But largely available for adds and promo things.
Is this around guys and gals?
http://linktoyoursite.com/forum/portal.php - did you take a look at this?
What sort of reply is that?
Spam much?
I was after support. Not spammy links. ANd you are the support team.. WOW.
Thanks anyway TOM. Dont bother to answer again PLEASE!!
(2009-04-05, 07:35 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]What sort of reply is that?
Spam much?
How is that "spammy"?? It's a suggestion, as for you to go to your forums and append "portal.php" to the URL. And is ignorance really necessary?
You are a part of the support team here yes. Cool well i posted identical posts on other forums where support staff actually help. You offered nothing with this post apart from perhaps pushing one of your own urls. I am reporting the post and i think you should be ashamed.
I simply asked if there was a plugin available. No would have suffice. Or failing that a link perhaps to a plugin available here perferrably. Either way. You are on my ignore list.
And report also as i feel this sort of responce is not what i am used to here. Most if not all here offer nothing but support. Your post is just spam.
Bah enough talking to you.
Just to clarify. Here is what i saw when i visited link you posted.
[Image: 12389188577570_Capture.jpg]
Sure after taking the time to read the url of link im mistaken in clicking on it.
But as support staff i actually expected some sort of communication. Not just a link.
So i took the link on face value and thought it was a link to a plugin. Turns out it was your way of support. Either way i think you should be ashamed. Not how "support" is supposed to work.
Were not all so tightly wound up in our forum software that we know everything like you obviously do.
Bah why oh why am i bothering to post this i wonder.
(2009-04-05, 08:01 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]You are a part of the support team here yes. Cool well i posted identical posts on other forums where support staff actually help. You offered nothing with this post apart from perhaps pushing one of your own urls. I am reporting the post and i think you should be ashamed.
I simply asked if there was a plugin available. No would have suffice. Or failing that a link perhaps to a plugin available here perferrably. Either way. You are on my ignore list.
And report also as i feel this sort of responce is not what i am used to here. Most if not all here offer nothing but support. Your post is just spam.
Bah enough talking to you.
Just to clarify. Here is what i saw when i visited link you posted.
[Image: 12389188577570_Capture.jpg]
Sure after taking the time to read the url of link im mistaken in clicking on it.
But as support staff i actually expected some sort of communication. Not just a link.
So i took the link on face value and thought it was a link to a plugin. Turns out it was your way of support. Either way i think you should be ashamed. Not how "support" is supposed to work.
Were not all so tightly wound up in our forum software that we know everything like you obviously do.
Bah why oh why am i bothering to post this i wonder.
Wow, I won't bother to comment on that. But to answer your question, no, I don't think there's a plugin that offers you to be able to customize the front page. If you want to add sideboxes, I can send you a link for that.
Take it easy Mr. Paranoia, he was trying to help. MyBB has a portal built-in, its a fact not spam... Good God!

(2009-04-05, 07:35 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]What sort of reply is that?
Spam much?
The supplied link was of what help Shawn? It offered no Support to my question at all.
Sure his second post tried to justify it. But his first was simply a "you should know better" Sort of post. I am actually quite busy. I dont really have time for back and forth crap. I asked for help here. Not for this orange.
I took his link of face value and got the above page. you tell me?
Man this place is changing. A few years ago it was quite a different place. Less "staff"
Slower responces but quality thought out responces. Assistance as i remember it was not ever like this. Sure from another member such as yourself i would expect it and gloss over it. But from "support" well if your forum would condone that as acceptable support then we run VERY DIFFERENT forums.
Tell ya what. Rather than making this a bullshit thread i will rather leave this place.
There are many other MyBB forums willing to offer support when people dont know what to do.
I am really over this place.
Well you might want to take time to read this post, as it will help you..
(2009-04-05, 08:14 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]no, I don't think there's a plugin that offers you to be able to customize the front page. If you want to add sideboxes, I can send you a link for that.
Since you have Tom ignored and he is still trying to help you, I will quote him so you can see what he said
(2009-04-05, 08:14 AM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]no, I don't think there's a plugin that offers you to be able to customize the front page. If you want to add sideboxes, I can send you a link for that.

(2009-04-05, 08:35 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]The supplied link was of what help Shawn? It offered no Support to my question at all.
Sure his second post tried to justify it. But his first was simply a "you should know better" Sort of post. I am actually quite busy. I dont really have time for back and forth crap. I asked for help here. Not for this orange.
I took his link of face value and got the above page. you tell me?
Man this place is changing. A few years ago it was quite a different place. Less "staff"
Slower responces but quality thought out responces. Assistance as i remember it was not ever like this. Sure from another member such as yourself i would expect it and gloss over it. But from "support" well if your forum would condone that as acceptable support then we run VERY DIFFERENT forums.
Tell ya what. Rather than making this a bullshit thread i will rather leave this place.
There are many other MyBB forums willing to offer support when people dont know what to do.
I am really over this place.
Pages: 1 2