MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Logo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-04-08, 02:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, Ryan. Brand image has never contributed to the success of any product or service.

Look, we're not saying it can't be improved, we're just saying we won't improve it until later, and when we do, we will likely do it by ourselves.
(2009-04-08, 02:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Look, we're not saying it can't be improved, we're just saying we won't improve it until later, and when we do, we will likely do it by ourselves.

But some people are implying that there is absolutely no need for a logo to be improved or for it to be considered a priority at all. Why is there so much stubbornness surrounding this issue, or in general, hostility regarding comments from users who legitimately want to improve MyBB?

This is free software and your users are trying to help you in the ways they can. Legitimate suggestions and criticism are so often greeted here with hostility that it's a bit disheartening and discourages people from doing what they can to help the project. So, if you would prefer people just keep their mouths shut about what they feel can be improved, why not come out and say it?
(2009-04-08, 02:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-08, 02:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You're right, Ryan. Brand image has never contributed to the success of any product or service.

Look, we're not saying it can't be improved, we're just saying we won't improve it until later, and when we do, we will likely do it by ourselves.

No one really judges a forum software by it's logo. I think a new logo should be made but i still think the current one is simple but good.
(2009-04-08, 02:13 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]No one really judges a forum software by it's logo. I think a new logo should be made but i still think the current one is simple but good.

You're correct, nobody judges by it alone, but it adds to the impression. A BB that is slick and polished and has strong functionality will always edge out a mediocre looking BB with the same functionality.
(2009-04-08, 02:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-08, 02:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Look, we're not saying it can't be improved, we're just saying we won't improve it until later, and when we do, we will likely do it by ourselves.

But some people are implying that there is absolutely no need for a logo to be improved or for it to be considered a priority at all. Why is there so much stubbornness surrounding this issue, or in general, hostility regarding comments from users who legitimately want to improve MyBB?

You deciphering what people imply is different from the official policies of MyBB. Staff here are allowed to have their own opinions still, right?

In my last post, I just stated the official stance of how this is going to roll, which is set in stone.

(2009-04-08, 02:13 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This is free software and your users are trying to help you in the ways they can. Legitimate suggestions and criticism are so often greeted here with hostility that it's a bit disheartening and discourages people from doing what they can to help the project. So, if you would prefer people just keep their mouths shut about what they feel can be improved, why not come out and say it?

Don't put words in my mouth - bad idea. Where do you think we get all of our feature ideas from? You, the user, who posts them here, on the ideas site, other websites. We get a general consensus about what our users want, we plan, we implement, we test, and then we release. However, only so much can go on within that process before we have to move on to the next step.

Ryan
We have not said that we don't want a new logo - we've just said that we probably won't be seeing a new one in the next major release of MyBB and when we do see one, we'll do it ourselves to match the rest of whatever we have going at that time.

Input and suggestions are always welcome. It's what lets us know what members want - cause in the end it's you guys that use the product. Smile
im suprised you dont "caw" it Brad, caw it and then vanish
(2009-04-08, 06:57 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]im suprised you dont "caw" it Brad, caw it and then vanish
Now now Shawn, no need to start anything.

As Ryan said, it's not that we're saying we don't NEED a new logo - it's just not necessarily a priority right now.
(2009-04-08, 02:13 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-08, 02:10 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]

No one really judges a forum software by it's logo. I think a new logo should be made but i still think the current one is simple but good.

Ummm........ i only found mybb becuase someone left the defualt skin on a test forum i was browsing....

and i came mostly because of the blue skin.....
Don't most forums have a blue based theme?? It's either blue or silvery/grey.
Pages: 1 2 3 4