MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Change The Color of your Background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its a very simple tutorial yet very useful if you need to edit your theme a litle more Smile
Here's a Snapshot
[attachment=13426]
So lets begin !

Go to Admin CP > Themes > Your's Theme > Edit > open global.css > in Advanced Mode >

Find :
body {
background: #F0FFF0;
color: #000;
text-align: center;
line-height: 1.4;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
font-size: 13px;
}

and replace color of
background: #F0FFF0

to suite your needs
But remember one thing that the color should be in Hex Format i.e. #F0FFF0

Hope you enjoy Smile

Thankyou

Best Regards
GhazalHeart
Personally I think this is WAY to simple to be a tutorial, it should be more of common knowledge of most forum admins.
This really isn't a tutorial, and frankly filling up this forum with useless stuff like this is going to obscure the truly useful tutorials.
Aww. you didnot like that ??
(2009-04-12, 06:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't a tutorial, and frankly filling up this forum with useless stuff like this is going to obscure the truly useful tutorials.
For once, I agree.
(2009-04-12, 08:38 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Aww. you didnot like that ??

Its not that we didn't like it, its just that if your going to be a MyBB forums admin, you should have at least basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. At least that much knowledge. True some people can't make themes for nothing, but that's why we have premade ones.

Simple tutorials like this should be, and to some are, common knowledge.
So its not really a tutorial.

This belongs somewhere like on an InvisionFree board or something.
(Im not saying you should use them, but that's where a lot of newbie admins come from, and this isn't a complex tutorial).
(2009-04-12, 08:39 PM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-12, 06:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]This really isn't a tutorial, and frankly filling up this forum with useless stuff like this is going to obscure the truly useful tutorials.
For once, I agree.

Its not that we didn't like it, its just that if your going to be a MyBB forums admin, you should have at least basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. At least that much knowledge. True some people can't make themes for nothing, but that's why we have premade ones.

(Im not saying you should use them, but that's where a lot of newbie admins come from, and this isn't a complex tutorial).

Though it is simple Yet some niwbiews are not able to change their backgroun colour, They have no idea of that too, so i just share this common knowledge NOT for HTML and php Guru's but for just NIEWBIE's

Any way, thanks for your comments both of you
Thankyou
ghazal
(2009-04-13, 05:19 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-12, 08:39 PM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]
For once, I agree.

Though it is simple Yet some niwbiews are not able to change their backgroun colour, They have no idea of that too, so i just share this common knowledge NOT for HTML and php Guru's but for just NIEWBIE's

Any way, thanks for your comments both of you
Thankyou
ghazal
Which is why they use premade themes. If some one wanted to learn CSS, then they could easily do it VIA w3schools. :| So newbies at best, would know where to go.
So this isn't really needed as their is a complete site that covers this and more on it.
:|
Isn't there already a full CSS guide for MyBB though? If you want to write CSS help, write a complete one, instead of this stuff ...
Yes Brad, I am making a new and comprehensive tutorial onmaking themes, and plugins, though they are posted before by zaheers and also labbroca,
but I am making it for a complete guide from start to end Smile
Moreover for complete CSS guide, as i though Daren had made it before, but I have also to do works on making this tutorial
Cheers to both of you Smile
How are you going to make a tutorial on plugins, when you requested a plugin uploader for the ACP, i don't get that, you could do it yourself if your saying you would make a tutorial on plugins.
Pages: 1 2