MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Hackers Hub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I said i am working on a theme. I would like some help from LaBrocca and have his HF theme if he would, but that is his choice because it is a lot of extra work.
(2009-04-09, 10:10 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]I said i am working on a theme. I would like some help from LaBrocca and have his HF theme if he would, but that is his choice because it is a lot of extra work.

Not gonna happen. I won't allow the usage of my theme elsewhere.
Yeah, thats what I thought would happen. Will you make me one if you have time please? In return i will make you our only other admin permanently or get more members to mybbcentral.
Quote:Will you make me one if you have time please?

I have no time to spare.

Quote:In return i will make you our only other admin permanently or get more members to mybbcentral.

Thanks but I don't believe that's going to be a benefit for me.
Well, the logo is bad, default theme, the forums and categories don't relate to the subject or make sense, and all this "Click to remove this" stuff is annoying and pushes me away. I made sure my site was as good as I could for now before putting it in the showcase.

Oh yeah, and free domains = ew. -1,000,000.
Forums take time to build and there is a pace which you have to work with. Example is the subscriptions...who is going to pay to be part of that site?

Start with building your structure and keep it clean, then do your theme, now work on plugins but keep it minimal. Now work on some content. If you have to use friends to make post, pay for posts, create multiple accounts and speak to yourself then do it. Get content asap. Then work on link building and promotion.

That process can take months right there and no guarantee of success.
The banner looks terrible and you have some kinda error showing....

Hacker's Hub Forums

Click here to subscribe and remove all these reminders.
} 

The ' } " doesn't look right.

Other than that it's just a default MyBB theme, and the content seems not right as to what the forum title is.
1: Your subscribe page isn't very convincing. Toungue http://hackershub.byethost7.com/subscribe.php
2: Free domain..err..
3: Free domain has nothing to do with forums.. err... once again..
4: You could've at least gotten a theme from here, for now.
5: Remove all of them annoying reminders. Or at least just make it so there's only one.
(2009-04-10, 01:00 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Forums take time to build and there is a pace which you have to work with. Example is the subscriptions...who is going to pay to be part of that site?

Start with building your structure and keep it clean, then do your theme, now work on plugins but keep it minimal. Now work on some content. If you have to use friends to make post, pay for posts, create multiple accounts and speak to yourself then do it. Get content asap. Then work on link building and promotion.

That process can take months right there and no guarantee of success.

Well, the subscription is only $0.50 so it ain't that bad and i only have personal friends their at the moment.
(2009-04-10, 02:35 AM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the subscription is only $0.50 so it ain't that bad and i only have personal friends their at the moment.

By absolutely ignoring advice by people far more experienced at this than you you've basically guaranteed failure via arrogance. Sorry to hear it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8