MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I was just wondering if the themes (that can be found on this website) are considered GPL. I am making a Multiforums site and every forum made will have access to it.
Some might be, some might not. It's up to the author how they licence their theme so you will need to ask them if it would be OK to use their theme for the purpose you intend.
So is there a way to link these themes from our website ? If it is agaiinst GPL or not ?
I don't think there's an issue with linking to a theme on the Mods site, as long as you don't offer it for download from your site.
hmm, then if I link from my website, and not provide the downloading link but provide a visiting link, then it will be ok ?
So, how about, if I let them use the theme, there's no issue. What it is, is, the theme is uploaded to the server, then when they select the theme, it just links to the files.

I'm not giving it out, it keeps all copyright and correct credit to the author.
You are allowed to do this because you are not distributing them. People are simply using them for their theme.
OK thanks.
The general rule is that you can modify it as much as you want as long as you leave the credit and don't redistribute it. For example, mine is based on Afresh.
If you want to provide downloading link from your website. it is against the rules, but if you provide the visiting link from your website, It is okay

Am I right ??
Pages: 1 2