MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a new MyBB user, I have a few things to ask that I couldn't find in the manual.
Is there an option to show unread messages? I see that the tracking is fine, when I logout and login again I see that the messages I didn't read are still marked, but how do I find and list them all?
No one knows? How do you all find new messages, when you read your forums?
You mean when you visit a sub-forum that all messages are unread?
(2009-04-13, 06:28 PM)Shell Wrote: [ -> ]You mean when you visit a sub-forum that all messages are unread?
No, I want to have a list of all unread messages that I have, which are spread across different boards. Or even in one board, not to browse through pages and look what is unread, but to have them concentrated somewhere.

(2009-04-13, 06:46 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybboard.net/search.php?action=getnew
http://community.mybboard.net/search.php...n=getdaily
This is not good enough, it gives you new messages, not unread. What about unread messages from yesterday?
Besides, when I press get new, I get a list, read a topic from the list, press get new again and I get the same list with the same topics, including the one that I read. That's pretty useless.
I've been asking for this for ages.
(2009-04-14, 03:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I've been asking for this for ages.
You mean there is no such thing? Well, then it's the first bad surprise for me, up till now I've only seen advantages over SMF, which I've been using for years.
But hopefully it will be solved. If there is no such plugin, I'll possibly try to do it, it must not be so difficult, as the messages are marked, it's only to show them.
There's so many combinations of what people want we can't cater for them all. Some want all unread posts, some want all unread threads, some want replies to threads they've made, some want replies to threads they've posted in, some people want that since their last visit, some people want that regardless of when they last visited... there's probably more options than that.
(2009-04-14, 09:53 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's so many combinations of what people want we can't cater for them all. Some want all unread posts, some want all unread threads, some want replies to threads they've made, some want replies to threads they've posted in, some people want that since their last visit, some people want that regardless of when the last visited... there's probably more options than that.

Let's be real, here. "All Threads with Unread Posts" isn't exactly an odd demand.
(2009-04-14, 09:53 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's so many combinations of what people want we can't cater for them all. Some want all unread posts, some want all unread threads, some want replies to threads they've made, some want replies to threads they've posted in, some people want that since their last visit, some people want that regardless of when they last visited... there's probably more options than that.
It's all the same: people want a nice way to track what they read and what they didn't read, and not to go board by board. When I said unread posts I really meant threads with unread posts. Otherwise I really don't know how one could manage to read the forum. How does one find unread messages from the whole week in MyBB? Assuming he logged in for a minute a few times a week, read the most interesting thread and logged out.
(2009-04-14, 03:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I've been asking for this for ages.

Haven't I already done this? http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44374.html

The last plugin in this list can provide a list of threads that have had no replies, and you can alter the date to whatever you want - a day, 30 days, 30 years...

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this, then feel free to suggest.
Pages: 1 2