MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log in problems (detailed info - already read others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello there,

I've only had one member contact me with this problem. At first i figured I could fix it myself, but then needed to read many threads here and still can't fix it Undecided

She is getting the error about the CAPTCHA image and can't log in. I first tried changing her password (I've done this several times) and it didn't work. After reading all of your suggestions here at the board, I have changed my cookie configurations for my forum (even double checked with the cookie generator by DennisTT to make sure I did it correctly).

I saved the new member.php file and replaced the old one. Then I changed her password yet again... and still this error (trying to log in on my computer-- where I can log into my account just fine):

[Image: cantlogin.gif]

My forum link is: http://www.salemhearts.com/forum

I am using the version 1.4.4

I made a test account:
Username is test
Password is testing123

When I tried logging in with this test account, I got in just fine. But changing her password, doesn't do the trick. I'm making sure I am taking into account that passwords are case sensitive. I've been making her passwords all lowercase. I've even cleared my cookies many times and started anew.. but no luck.

Hope someone can help Blush Thanks in advance!!
So you've tried this?? http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706

There's loads of threads on this and this link is in the sticky thread at the top of the forum...
There seems to be a cnflict between the templates,

Did you change your template ever ??

Beaten: Edit
Hi Matt, Yes I have saved the new member.php file and uploaded the new one to replace the old one. I have also read through that thread, as well.

I have changed my templates a lot!! lol I change them with the seasons, holidays, etc. But this template I've had up for awhile, tho.... months upon months. I have been just changing the colors and such, but have been keeping the same template.

Edited: I'm using the ndesign template
Well, as far as I can recall, you're the first person to say that hasn't worked. Numerous people have had this issue, and they've said the fix worked, it's been tested by our SQA team and by myself. Try deleting the current one and uploading the new one to make sure it's been overwritten properly. Can you PM me admin login details and FTP details??
Your problem solves or not ??
I will do some more searching, while I wait to see if anyone has anymore suggestions Smile Thanks again
Did you follow all of the steps of the upgrade to 1.4.4 properly?? Just remembered you needed to revert your member_register template to default, so ghazal may be correct in saying it's a template issue.
Matt, I will delete the old member.php and upload the new one and see if that works first Smile Will let you know

Edit: Thanks, I will also check on the template issue as well. I appreciate all of your suggestions.
Thankyou, Smile
Congratulations to MattR also Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3