MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Political Correctness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How far do you think it's got? Do you have to be careful what you say?

Heard funny stories about it?

Funniest i'd heard was two white men were arrested for racial aggreviation because they bit the heads off black jelly babies instead of eating it whole...

What is this world coming to....
No way!! That's insane.

Some places don't use the word 'gingerbread man', they say 'gingerbread person', because apparently gingerbread man is sexist.

At Christmas, some shops weren't allowed to have Christmas decorations in the windows because apparently some Muslims were offended... in reality they liked the decorations, particularly their children.

I also heard that the nursery rhyme 'baa baa black sheep' was disallowed because it's racist, you have to say 'baa baa rainbow sheep' instead.

It's gone way over the top. Who makes up these things?? I can't really see anyone getting offended by any of them.

I could go on about this for ages... guess we should see the funny side of it.
It's the British IMO! Children now have to wear goggles when playing conkers because it's a health and safety risk.

I find Birmingham City Council changing the name of 'Christmas' a christian festival in a Christian country to 'Winterval' quite offensive? Im not a strong christian but I dont believe that should happen? It was for the 'Strong Asian communties' no offense to asians but if I went to India and caused a Powercut in Diwali you'd be pretty annoyed aswell eh?
i'm an atheist and i still celebrate christmas

i'm probably PC enough but i do think it's gone too far in a lot of case
I could sit here and blueberry and moan for hours about this, but I won't as I don't want to bore anyoneToungue
I don't care about political correctness, but I abhor it when they go over the top with it. "Baa baa rainbow sheep?" Really?! I've yet to ever even hear about a naturally rainbow colored sheep, but IIRC there really are sheep that are black. I think it's even more politically "incorrect" to deny that these sheep exist (but I don't think so in a serious way) and don't think that "black sheep" was used in any sort of a derogatory way, therefore changing the song is pointless.
Honestly the only people that care for the most part are not the peope supposably being offended Toungue.

People are just stupid and I've accepted as well it's true Undecided.
Random thought..
Being politically correct means that you've acknowledged that people are different and you are attempting to cater for everyone's needs. Doesn't doing this, to some extent, make you racist/sexist/etc.?

Meh. It has its place at times. I'm too sick to make any other comments that will make sense.
(2009-04-16, 02:07 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Random thought..
Being politically correct means that you've acknowledged that people are different and you are attempting to cater for everyone's needs. Doesn't doing this, to some extent, make you racist/sexist/etc.?

Acknowledging social contexts doesn't make you a racist/sexist.
Well it was a random thought. Not sure how I got to that thought now that I try and think back. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3