MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.4.5 Released - Maintenance & Security Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Successful upgrade ... one thing that I did notice was that I had to redo the settings on 'side boxes' plugin, and also fix the forum display template because they were showing twice.
I updated successfully as well but as you say, almost all my plugins that I had previously made alterations too required the changes to be re-made again. Specifically, "Shoutbox" & "Online Today". Not a problem though so thank you all at MyBB - helpful as always.
And upgrade to 1.4.5 from 1.4 onwards should not mess with the plug-ins, maybe a few errors.
It appears the ease of installing/upgrading didn't go well for a few or some, but on the third try it worked out, i got the 143 upgrade prompt deal as well , from version 143, option, but no big deal, as long as i could go back and open the individual folders and find more that needed to be opened to get the other folders inside to the correct areas.
even at the end of the new 1.4.5 upgrade the 1.44 was not included in the upgrade drop down menu... but 1.4.5 was mentioned at the top to proceed and that it was successfully installed.

I notice that if some folders are not opened they simply will not make to by overwriting the main folder, there will just be added the inside folders of the upload, so rather having

admin/inc /plugins
one would have : admin/inc/plugins/plugins

and with the prompt not including the 144 description to upgrade in the drop down menu, was a little confusing ,

other than that worked out fine and went smooth and fast for me.

I can see where one might run into issues somewhat. this is not support. this is discussing the release and maintenance.

BTW,,, alot of work that went into it, i can see, and its much appreciated.
it appears the rush to get this out was important, although it would have been equally to add the little things that the last upgrade had , for ease of install and uploading correctly.

it just takes away from the excellent work that went into fixing the glitches and minor issues.

good job, Though! many thanks... Smile the verasatility of the use of my bb comes with a wide lattitude of upgrades , they all seem to be linked and dependant on how everything works and comes together , if not in the beginning somewhere down the road.
I can see how much work and brainstorming can go into trial and error work with testing, that is an extension of the support i presume others dont get to see, in their urgency an current issues regardless.

what else is funny, is these long waited releases are like extensions of support, i am now seeing,
so this is good, i wish i knew enough about this to make my own upgrades Toungue

I am a little slow , but am catching on seeing how it's done and goes.
just a constructive criticism opinion that's all guys.
(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]It appears the ease of installing/upgrading didn't go well for a few or some, but on the third try it worked out, i got the 143 upgrade prompt deal as well , from version 143, option, but no big deal, as long as i could go back and open the individual folders and find more that needed to be opened to get the other folders inside to the correct areas.
even at the end of the new 1.4.5 upgrade the 1.44 was not included in the upgrade drop down menu... but 1.4.5 was mentioned at the top to proceed and that it was successfully installed.

"1.4.4" was listed in the upgrade drop down menu. If it wasn't for you then that means you didn't update all your files properly.

(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]I notice that if some folders are not opened they simply will not make to by overwriting the main folder, there will just be added the inside folders of the upload, so rather having

admin/inc /plugins

and with the prompt not including the 144 description to upgrade in the drop down menu, was a little confusing ,

This is a problem with your host or ftp application, not MyBB.

(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]it appears the rush to get this out was important, although it would have been equally to add the little things that the last upgrade had , for ease of install and uploading correctly.

it just takes away from the excellent work that went into fixing the glitches and minor issues.

This release does have a few "little things" like the last upgrade had, but they weren't mentioned. This release also wasn't "rushed" in any way.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ryan
Worked fine, thanks for the update!
Everything up and running here Smile
(2009-04-21, 05:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]It appears the ease of installing/upgrading didn't go well for a few or some, but on the third try it worked out, i got the 143 upgrade prompt deal as well , from version 143, option, but no big deal, as long as i could go back and open the individual folders and find more that needed to be opened to get the other folders inside to the correct areas.

"1.4.4" was listed in the upgrade drop down menu. If it wasn't for you then that means you didn't update all your files properly.

[answer]I will go back and go slower on my end of the install and upgrade to ensure a smooth and COMPLETE upgrade.

(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]I notice that if some folders are not opened they simply will not make to by overwriting the main folder, there will just be added the inside folders of the upload, so rather having

admin/inc /plugins

This is a problem with your host or ftp application, not MyBB.
[answer] Thanks tiki, i was getting to wonder about that as well?
now that i know i will look into trying to get this issue fixed , i am using the filezilla ftp latest version???
I will check with my host and see if there are any things that can be looked into, thanks for the additional insight, and sorry for not knowing, that.
had that issue a couple times ftp'ing folders and files, it just complicates everything when things should go smooth, and others thing one doesnt know what theyre doing or messes everything up... now i can see there are other things involved that others may not see as well. thanks again.

(2009-04-21, 04:57 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]it appears the rush to get this out was important, although it would have been equally to add the little things that the last upgrade had , for ease of install and uploading correctly.

This release does have a few "little things" like the last upgrade had, but they weren't mentioned. This release also wasn't "rushed" in any way.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ryan
Thank you guys, for the support and advice. much appreciated.
I upgraded though i dont see any changes =[ must just be me ='[
What changes are you expecting to see??
(2009-04-21, 08:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What changes are you expecting to see??

thats the thing i dont know lmaoo
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10