MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Bug? Admins cannot see user list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I found a bug:

config: MyBB 1.4.4

* Attention * Disclaimer *
You might not be able to access your user list anymore after trying this out!

Go to Admin CP -> User & Groups -> VIEW (blue botton at the top right corner, beside "Search")

* Create a new View
* Define a name
* Set it this way that no user will match. Example: If you don't have any users "waiting for activation", set user group to "Awaiting Activation"
* Set View to Standard (!)
* Save
Now you'll get an error message telling you that no user matches.

Problem: You cannot revert the view. You see the error message only. You cannot see your user list anymore. You cant even set a user to "awaiting activation" in order to get rif of the error message (because the user list is not shown). It's like an dead end.
Workaround: Register a new user. As soon as he has the statius "awaiting user" you'll see him in the Admin CP and the VIEW button will be there.

Solution: The VIEW button must be displayed even if no user matches.

hope this helps,
masa
Can reproduce. Also in 1.4.5.
Until dev can resolve a suitable fix, navigate to ./admin/index.php?module=user/users&vid=1

This will show the original view, and allow you to manage your custom views.
Find in admin/modules/user/users.php:

if($errors)
{
	$page->output_inline_error($errors);
}

echo $results;

Replace with

if($errors)
{
	echo " <div style=\"display: inline; float: right;\">{$admin_view['popup']}</div><br />\n";
	$page->output_inline_error($errors);
}

echo $results;
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
yay, I could help :o)