MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Black line when log in to ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just updated 1.4.4 to 1.4.5.
When I log in to ACP, i see the black line:

[Image: mybbline.png]
Do you have a link to your forum's ACP page, we'll need to take a look at the source of that page...
In ./admin/styles/sharepoint/login.css:

p.submit {
  border-top: 2px solid #000;
  padding-top: 3px;
  margin-top: 8px;
  margin-right: 0;
  padding-right: 0;
  text-align: right;
}

Remove the border-top rule and it won't appear...
It's not just the black line, there is an obvious difference in the layouts of the first screen and second screen, both which are running Mybb 1.4.5.

I also noticed that when I ran the upgrade script that all settings were duplicated inside the settings groups.

I'm running Mybb on a subdomain, not sure if that would cause any problems though when upgrading.
Plenty of other people have upgraded to 1.4.5 from 1.4.4 fine, only 2 people have had a black line on the ACP login page or different layout, and I think you're the first person to have doubled settings.
(2009-04-29, 09:29 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of other people have upgraded to 1.4.5 from 1.4.4 fine, only 2 people have had a black line on the ACP login page or different layout, and I think you're the first person to have doubled settings.

I'm fairly certain the doubled settings issue was mentioned in the past somewhere, however no one was certain as to what was causing it, threads were buried under a wealth of other threads and the issue wasn't looked into any further.

Granted it's not everyone who has this problem, it's likely a select few as a result of some obscure problem in their configuration.

Would you mind explaining as to why the layout is different than the "normal" layout of the Mybb 1.4 ACP login page?

Why was my thread merged with another thread, I was also reporting another issue which would of been best left to it's own thread for support purposes. Wink
My only thought is that you have a different "theme". If you upload the ./admin/ folder again from the 1.4.5 package, then in your ACP, choose "Preferences" from the left menu and select the "Default" theme.
I uploaded a backup prior to the upgrade..

In regards to the duplicate settings problem, somehow when changing settings in the ACP, and clicking save it creates/inserts duplicate settings into the "settings.php" file in the /inc/ directory.

When upgrading these duplicate settings are inserted into the database causing the actual settings in the ACP to become duplicated rather than just in the settings.php file.

My board is located on a subdomain, I am not sure if that or cookie settings might be causing this. I've only ever experienced this issue when my board resided on a subdomain, when was in normal directory with the normal url structure this was a non issue.

The subdomain is: "http://theoutertube.xtemu.com"

The directory the forum resides in is named "/outetertube/"

Cookie domain is: ".theoutertube.xtemu.com"

Cookie path is: "/"

Obviously excluding the quotes on the above examples.
Those settings look pretty good to me, so it shouldn't be causing it.

The ./inc/settings.php file is automatically created by your forum - this is because (as far as I'm aware) it's far easier to access settings from a file than to constantly request the information from the database. Eases load on your database and probably marginly quicker too. It shouldn't create duplicated settings, as that file is not effected when upgrading. Essentially, it's a mirror of the settings in the database.

This has been an issue in the past with duplicate settings (from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 if I remember it right), although there has been no reported issues with the latest upgrade to 1.4.5. I'll try a few things to see if I can replicate it.

To get rid of them, just click on the "Modify Settings" tab, and then from the options menu, delete the extra settings. If they're set as default, you won't be able to delete them - in which case, you can delete them from the database using a manager (such as phpMyAdmin).
Pages: 1 2