MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why not just install wordpress? It is easy to make the themes look the same and wordpress is far more powerful.
because you'll need to bridge it.
Just use Nickmans mod then Toungue. It sounds like it's made exactly for this. It's simple and allows users to have blogs Rolleyes.
(2009-04-25, 12:12 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just install wordpress? It is easy to make the themes look the same and wordpress is far more powerful.

OK, please come to my forum and install wordpress for each of my users and integrate it with MyBB. Big Grin

On a serious note, I don't think it's wise for discussion software -- and remember, forums are meant to be social! -- to shy away from "social networking" features. It's more content on your site and if it's used productively I don't see the issue. It'd be a great feature on my site.
(2009-04-25, 12:58 AM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]because you'll need to bridge it.

We are just talking about one blog aren't we to post news about your site and topic? If so you don't need to bridge it, they don't need to log into wordpress.
(2009-04-25, 06:13 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-25, 12:58 AM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]because you'll need to bridge it.

We are just talking about one blog aren't we to post news about your site and topic? If so you don't need to bridge it, they don't need to log into wordpress.

No, he wants a plugin that will give each user on his forum their own blog. Similar to vBulletin Blog and IP.blog.

I can understand why he wouldn't go with something like WordPress MU, because that is just another application that he has to maintain and doesn't provide full and proper integration with MyBB, both on a User and Style scale. Becoming more hassle then it's worth.
But Nickman already has a plugin like that dosn't he?
(2009-04-26, 12:04 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]But Nickman already has a plugin like that dosn't he?

oh ok there's a barebones plugin that kinda sort integrates this feature, never mind everyone move on!

just because there's a plugin for it doesn't mean it can't be suggested that it be more tightly integrated into mybb. mynetwork seems like it will provide this.
Can someone suggest a link to a website (dosn't matter what forum software) where a significant part of the members have and use an integrated blog feature? I am just curious because i don't really get why people would want a blog on your website and not just use blogspot or any of the other million social networking sites.

Ps, I think MkPortal has this feature and it integrates (i am not 100% sure about 1.4 though) with MyBB, it might be worth a look for those who are interested.
(2009-04-26, 12:41 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I am just curious because i don't really get why people would want a blog on your website and not just use blogspot or any of the other million social networking sites.

I can give a hypothetical example: users who want to post a diary of which Beyblades they get in my site could post it in a blog.
Pages: 1 2 3