MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I suppose, but whats the difference between that and just starting a thread? I just think people would find it to mutch of a hastle to start and maintain a blog just for the benifit of members on one website, I understand that others could still view it but primarily it would be used by other members of that site as otherwise they would use facebook or something simmilar. Just my 2c.
(2009-04-26, 01:08 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose, but whats the difference between that and just starting a thread? I just think people would find it to mutch of a hastle to start and maintain a blog just for the benifit of members on one website, I understand that others could still view it but primarily it would be used by other members of that site as otherwise they would use facebook or something simmilar. Just my 2c.

Yeah, I guess I see where you're coming from. I don't think the demand for this feature is going anywhere, though.
I am not sure though that there is all that much demand, i see alot of people asking for it because they think it would be a nice idea but in reality it dosn't seem to work and where it does work it is usually only the staff using it to post news, If it is to work then i think either the blog needs to take the place of your profile or it needs to be a key part of your site, as big as your forum and in this case what would be the point of intergrating it with forum software?

Maybe a way it would work is to integrate the wordpress auto installer script with MyBB so members just click create blog and it automatically sets up a wordpress blog for them.
(2009-04-26, 12:41 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone suggest a link to a website (dosn't matter what forum software) where a significant part of the members have and use an integrated blog feature? I am just curious because i don't really get why people would want a blog on your website and not just use blogspot or any of the other million social networking sites.

http://forums.ffcrystalcosmo.com/blog.php?do=bloglist

Not many Blogs, no, but it's a small site, so I wouldn't expect there to be a million of them.

But the most active members do blog from time to time, about as often as I do on my own blog.
(2009-04-26, 06:08 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]But the most active members do blog from time to time, about as often as I do on my own blog.

14 blogs from 108 members? But regardless of that, that is one site from probably hundreds of thousands with a blog system where it actual does get used, what they are saying is that it is a used enough feature to justify including it as a default MyBB feature which i definitely don't think it is.

Now i know the developers have said they are not considering a blog system or an integration system at this stage but hypothetically i think if they were then an integration system to integrate with other CMS and software should be of higher priority. My 2c.
(2009-04-26, 09:32 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-26, 06:08 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]But the most active members do blog from time to time, about as often as I do on my own blog.

14 blogs from 108 members? But regardless of that, that is one site from probably hundreds of thousands with a blog system where it actual does get used, what they are saying is that it is a used enough feature to justify including it as a default MyBB feature which i definitely don't think it is.

Now i know the developers have said they are not considering a blog system or an integration system at this stage but hypothetically i think if they were then an integration system to integrate with other CMS and software should be of higher priority. My 2c.

Who said default feature? I'm talking an add-on.
(2009-04-24, 10:39 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]At this point in time a blogging feature is not on our roadmap. We feel that there are enough applications out there such as Wordpress which can do a much better job as a blog system than if we were to implement one into MyBB, which is primarily a discussion board software.

I just got that impression from this post. Plus there is already a blog plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3