MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] MyTwitterBB 2.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a MyBB Forum Plugin which allows users to sync their twitter accounts with their forum accounts. The basics include:
  • MyTwitterBB Global - This allows users to display a simple little twitter feed wherever they want on the forum.
  • MyTwitterBB Profile - This allows users to change their usertitle and keep it up to date with their own twitter profile as it updates whenever the admin allows it to be.

Download Version 2.4 here

Installation

NOTE: If you have version any previous version of MyTwitterBB then please backup your users twitter account names as this update requires a proper re-install of all fields and data. So any usernames used would be lost. This should hopefully be the last time that we do it as i have just implemented code to support upgrades.

All you need to do is to upload "mytwitterbb.php" into your "inc/plugins/" folder on your forum. Then find it in your forum admin section and then activate the plugin.

By default both of the MyTwitterBB Global and Profile sections are by default on. You can disable either one if you wish.

To Use MyTwitterBB Global

Once installed and activated you need to go to your Configuration>Settings area and then select MyTwitterBB Global. This will show you a whole list of settings. You need to enter in a twitter username first and then save the settings. Then you will need to find a good place on your forum to stick the box. Just go to your templates, find where you want to put it and then type in {$template->mytwitterbb} and then it should show up.

For more information go here

To Use MyTwitterBB Profile

To use this all you need to do is to vist your User Control Panel and then click Edit Profile. There should then be a section called "Twitter Username" enter in a valid twitter username and then hit save. This will then update your usertitle, remember that by default it will update itself every hour unless specified by the forum admin.

For more information go here

Change Log
Version 2.3 -> Version 2.4
- Added the ability for admins to set it so that MyTwitterBB does not change the users title, meaning that they're tweets can only be seen on the profile page
- Change the time difference between tweets to 5 minutes rather than 10.
- Set it so that users using MyTwitterBB will have their original user titles reset if the plugin is disabled

Version 2.2 -> Version 2.3
- Added support for html special characters allowing the display of language characters from hebrew, german, etc.

Version 2.1 -> Version 2.2
- Support for hashtags
- Changed code that identifies html links
- MyBB Global now supports more than one url.

Version 2.0 -> Version 2.1
- Fixed a minor bug where it appears that the tweets are cascading style sheet data.

Version 1.0 -> Version 2.0
- Complete change of code from Version 1.0 so that the workload of the forum when a page is loaded is lessened and it now uses Mybb Task manager system.

Found a Bug?

If you have found a bug you can report it in one of two main ways:
1. Go here and post it in the thread. (Preferred)
2. Post it below in this thread

For further information and news about future updates please check out: www.supacomix.co.uk/mytwitterbb
Looks like a neat, simple plugin. Good work!
(2009-04-23, 01:48 AM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a neat, simple plugin. Good work!

Looks good. I might even download it.
any demo?
(2009-04-23, 04:23 PM)Leandro17 Wrote: [ -> ]any demo?

i need one before i install.
It is in use at www.l4dpodcast.net/forums... the users: Nick, Soul Grafitti and Cosades have a linked twitter account with it. So check it out there.
Nice plugin.

I'm sure all the Tweetheads out there will appreciate it Smile
Very neat plugin, though I have no twitter account Yet it is useful to twitters Smile
Version 2.1 has now been updated.
Demo link doesn't work. Here is the right link.
Pages: 1 2 3