MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Merged Account Reputation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you merge 2 accounts an a person has been the recipient of reputations from the same person on both accounts the merged users has 2 repuations from the same person.

I believe this was reported as fixed in 1.4.4 but bug still exists. I am not sure how mybb wants to correct the issue.
I think this may just be the way it is. Browsing through the source of 1.4.5, I don't see anything that removes double reputations by a specific user. The problem is that you can only remove one reputation. So if you had a negative on the destination and a positive on the source, it would only show the negative one. It wouldn't be a fair system if we did that.
I think he wants something that merges the reputations together? Example: One rating is +1, the other one is -2, so the comments would be merged, and the rating would then become -1?
(2009-04-24, 10:02 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he wants something that merges the reputations together? Example: One rating is +1, the other one is -2, so the comments would be merged, and the rating would then become -1?

Actually, I believe he means, if users A and B both receive +1 rep from user C, then you merge users A and B, the merged user will have two reps of +1 from C.
No I know what the problem is, I was just thinking of a way they could be merged into one rating.
As the above suggested, merging the reputations sounds plausible. However, another solution would be deleting duplicate reputation points from user C of who gave user A and B an equivalent.
supposed to be all details of each user will be.. merged too?
(2009-04-28, 02:51 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]As the above suggested, merging the reputations sounds plausible. However, another solution would be deleting duplicate reputation points from user C of who gave user A and B an equivalent.

Yeah..delete the older reputation since reps can be updated. The more recent one should be kept. I think that's a good solution.
I like labrocca's solution (right above)
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group