MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Hosting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am considering taking my spare server and offering hosting.

It's going to be based on a yearly package with the following specs:

1 domain
5 subdomains
1 GB space (more than enough for most mybb sites)
25 GB bandwidth
2 mysql databases
Directadmin Control Panel

Plus other specs but imho that's the most important stuff.

So my questions is really what do you think a good price for one year of that service would be? I am curious because I won't even bother to begin the service if I can't break even on the server costs.
It depends, is this MyBB only, not webhosting in general? What level of customization are we talking about here?
I wouldn't recommend selling hosting for MyBB specifically. You should just sell the hosting itself and let users do what they want to do with it.

Do make sure you have a clear cut Terms of Service though, so that users would have to take responsibility if they crash your server with intensive scripts or abusive ones etc.
Idea is actually very nice but the little problem for such kinds of work is a continues focus upon users and registered members,
1. Are they phishing site
2. Are they indulge in abusive acts.
3. Are they are taking more then one host (depends upon your idea to allow more then one domain + host for a single identity)
No it's general hosting but I would mostly market here and at Mybb Central. I have plans to offer a complete mybb hosting, plugin, and support package.
Do you offer your plugins aswell ??
The deal for hosting will include a Mybb Central subscription.
With all your domains, I'd be interested in doing a partnership for running forums. I think you asked me before about that.
It couldn't hurt you I mean well if your not really using the server anyway Toungue.

For that package for a year I would probaly say around $50. But, I like how you went with directadmin. However that will likely you hurt you as for some reason many think cPanel is amazing even though it's the only real Control Panel they ever used.
50 $ is a nominal cost ... Best of luck Labbrocca
Pages: 1 2 3 4