MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Release: Report system like in vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
My report forum is hidden to normal users. Some Moderators would subscribe to new threads in the Reports forum.

I don't know much about MyBB, or PHP/MySQL, but I think I've changed this plugin to work a little better....

function reporttoforum_run($post) {
	global $mybb, $db, $post, $thread, $pid, $forum, $templates, $cache;

if(intval($mybb->settings['reporttoforum_forum']) > 0 && $mybb->settings['reporttoforum_switch'] == "1")
	{
		if(!trim($mybb->input['reason']))
		{
			global $lang, $settings, $theme, $plugins, $mybbuser, $mybbgroup, $headerinclude;
			global $querytime, $debug, $templatecache, $templatelist, $maintimer, $globaltime, $parsetime;
			eval("\$report = \"".$templates->get("report_noreason")."\";");
			output_page($report);
			exit;
		}

// Message template
		$forum = $db->fetch_array($db->simple_select("forums", "*", "fid={$post['fid']}"));

// Put the message together. The post datahandler will sanitize and verify
		 $message = "
			Reported by [b][url={$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=profile&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}]{$mybb->user['username']}[/url][/b] because...
			[quote={$mybb->user['username']}]{$mybb->input['reason']}[/quote]\n
			Offending post by [b][url={$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=profile&uid={$post['uid']}]{$post['username']}[/url][/b]
			[url={$mybb->settings['bburl']}/forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}]{$forum['name']}[/url] -> [url={$mybb->settings['bburl']}/showthread.php?tid={$post['tid']}&pid={$post['pid']}#pid{$post['pid']}]{$post['subject']}[/url]
			[quote={$post['username']}]{$post['message']}[/quote]
		 ";

// Random thought: you could merge later reports against the same post into the same thread. Maybe I'll do this later

$posthash = md5($message);

// Set up post datahandler
		require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/datahandlers/post.php";
		$posthandler = new PostDataHandler("insert");
		$posthandler->action = "thread";

// Building the report thread
		$new_thread = array(
		   "fid" => $mybb->settings['reporttoforum_forum'],
		   "subject" => $post['username'].": ".$post['subject'],
		   "icon" => "2",
		   "uid" => $mybb->user['uid'],
		   "username" => $mybb->user['username'],
		   "message" => $message,
			"ipaddress" => get_ip(),
			"posthash" => $posthash
		 );    

$posthandler->set_data($new_thread);
		$valid_thread = $posthandler->validate_thread();
		$thread_info = $posthandler->insert_thread();

/*		// We do not need to do this; the datahandler will do it for us

// Updates user's post count.
		 $user_posts = $db->fetch_array($db->simple_select("users", "*", "uid={$mybb->user['uid']}")) or die(mysqli_error());
		 $user_posts['postnum'] = $user_posts['postnum']+1;

$query = $db->write_query("
		 	UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."users
		    SET postnum={$user_posts['postnum']}
		    WHERE uid={$mybb->user['uid']}");
*/

// If reports are posted on the forum only, then we display a thank you and close the process.
		if($mybb->settings['reporttoforum_only'] == "1")
		{
			global $lang, $settings, $theme, $plugins, $mybbuser, $mybbgroup, $headerinclude;
			global $querytime, $debug, $templatecache, $templatelist, $maintimer, $globaltime, $parsetime;

eval("\$report = \"".$templates->get("report_thanks")."\";");
			$plugins->run_hooks("report_do_report_end");
			output_page($report);
			die();
		}		
	}
}

Replace the above function and it will make posts properly.
how i can modified to post warnigns??
The warning system is separate and not as straightforward. Besides - do you want your users to have the ability to suspend or ban another user?
(2010-08-15, 06:42 AM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]how i can modified to post warnigns??

You can set up permissions in admin control panel => giving a group permissions to give warnings. ( Users & Groups -> Groups -> (some group) -> Users and Permissions -> Warning System).

@ImperfectShaun : Thanks for sharing the code, I will check it out!
@AJS : Hmm, well if people use that kind of stuff, I might incorporate it in the next release. Smile
Wow! very good idea!

love it, will install it soon!

thanks for making it!
Ok maybe I'm just dumb but how do you install this? I tried to download the plugin but I cannot download it and yes I'm a member just not a subscriber.
I just downloaded it fine. Just click on the attached file in the first post and click OK when you get the pop up.
(2010-11-10, 01:51 AM)Melbelle Wrote: [ -> ]Ok maybe I'm just dumb but how do you install this? I tried to download the plugin but I cannot download it and yes I'm a member just not a subscriber.

Hey there!

Simply download the .php file attached in the first post, and upload it to your: /your_forum_directory/inc/plugins/ directory. Then you can activate it in your Admin CP Smile

Hope it helps,
~John

Thank you that worked Smile
Hello all!
This plugin has been updated to run smoothly with MybB 1.6 (Tested on 1.6.8)
I also introduced in code modification proposed by ImperfectShaun.

Enjoy!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7