MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cash Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone had started work or nearly finished work on a cash mod or similar mod yet?
I might be getting some free time soon so I might start work on making a new cash mod for PR2.

I was also planning on getting ideas or giving ideas to people who are already making one, in this topic. So if noone is going to make a mod this is what I'll be doing. Other people please feel free to add ideas, and other mod creators who are making a cash mod, please use them if you wish too.
(Sorry for the bad English. I _am_ English but it's late ;_Wink
As you will see, it's going to be a big mod. And will take time to implement it all. But I will only do the below if noone else is making a Cash Mod

General
Interest per day/month etc
Search/display members by cash amount
Admin can gift all users certain amounts on certain dates

Per Forum
Cash mod on/off
Value for each character typed
Cash per vote/post/new thread/new vote/attachment

User
Transfer cash between users/donate
Display on user profile/postbit
Cash per neg/pos reputation
Usergroups have collective cash (can donate and et al as individual users can)
Cash per referal
Statement of what you've done with the cash
I like helping but I don't know PHP but I want to get a book on it though.

All those sound good.
I can recommend this book. It's what I used to study MySQL and PHP, although I had the second edition.
And www.php.net is always good for help Smile.
I haven't recieved an email yet. If you used the Email button here, I'm not sure where it was pointing. My .com domain has expired so I've just changed my profile to reflect this.
My email is [email protected]

I prefer to make mods on my own. That way I know all of it's ins and outs if someone asks for help. And please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know if you are better/worse than me when it comes to coding. Important when it comes to input validation/security etc. And I'm sure we have different coding styles.
However, I will collaborate with you on another mod that is related. A shop mod or a battle mod perhaps. These both use the cash that I will be making, after all, what's the point of having cash if you don't have anything to spend it on? Big Grin I can tell you what fields/tables I make and how it all fixed together and then you can make functions and pages that use my cash mod and I can write functions to use your shop mod.

Plus I'm waiting to hear from other modders as to whether or not they are making one at the minute.
lol, good luck with the mod...and keral calls your sir hehe
keral82 told decswxaqz to "Let it go", so, I doubt decswxaqz is working on a cash mod out of respect for keral82's wishes.

hahaha. IMPAQ is right. You told me to let it go so I have. I'm currently making a PayPal mod. After that I was planning on a shop mod for your cash mod but I'm still willing to make the cash mod.
I think this is one of those wtf moments.
(Felt this was better as bump rather than edit)

Recieved email from keral. He has said that I should do the mod since I've already done the basics to the mods already.
As soon as my Cash Mod is done, and Xmas approaches, I will start work on the Cash Mod.
decswxaqz Wrote:(Felt this was better as bump rather than edit)

Recieved email from keral. He has said that I should do the mod since I've already done the basics to the mods already.
As soon as my Cash Mod is done, and Xmas approaches, I will start work on the Cash Mod.

Do you mean Shop Mod? Smile

Anyways, great, I can't wait Cool
one thing i have missed about your mod is a very basic general overview description summary of what it does/is about.

Pages: 1 2