MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MybbAddons.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I just launched my next project, MyBBAddons.com

As you can easily see it's about addons for MyBB.
I developed a lot of addons for MyBB for my own usage in the last time but more and more often I thought that other people could have use for it, I got requests for galleries I created and download systems that integrate with Jesse Labrocca's MyIPN.

So I decided to set up http://www.mybbaddons.com.
MybbAddons.com as a MyBB isn't very spectacular, it has of course a custom skin (default skin can be used too), some plugins, several forums...

The board is mainly meant as a showroom for the addons, not for active use (although you can find some tutorials and other usefull stuff in there), that's why it looks that empty.

I hope you'll like the ideas and addons, I'll continue to update this site and decrease the MyBB support in my other boards and sites (collect it on one place only).

Have fun and check it out Smile

Lennart Sauter

PS: Reviews, comments and requests are always welcome!

EDIT: Preview image for the galleries-addon:
[attachment=13866]
You are charing people already?

I wouldn't do that. Get your plug ins out there, and when your site has grown, then start charging if you have to.

Also, I am guessing your forum isn't finished as I cannot see any plug in related threads.
As I said I don't care much about posts at the moment Smile
They'll come with the time passing by.
My addons are done, site and forum are finished.
More addons will follow but take some time and a lot of people wanted to have for example galleries now.
But thank you for your opinion Smile
Your forums finished? I registered and seen that you have the default images, the theme is awful, your charging for your gallery plug-in which isn't nice at all. No offence but I wouldn't pay for your plug-ins as they are rather basic, your theme and unprofessionalism puts me off from even clicking open your website again.

Good luck, you'll need it.
Thank you for your opinion Combo Smile
The theme well - I think that's a matter of taste. I didn't change much in the templates to have it basic. You can use the default theme if you wish and I can add other themes of course.

Some more information what you missed or want to see in the gallery plugin (addon) would be nice, how shall I improve it otherwise? Smile

Have a nice day
Lennart Sauter

EDIT: I see I should use your themes Big Grin Far better - well, sadly I'm no designer but more coder...
Sorry if I seemed harsh. The gallery seems to bland and basic. Maybe spicing it up a little, adding more features like ratings, comments and so on.

As for the theme, yes, but the colours don't match and your using the default buttons on the custom theme. As I say, good luck with your website, I'll check back to see what progress it's making.
Default buttons oh yes... I should work on that.
I did a rating system for my galleries at Zaiendo, would you like something like that?
http://zaiendo.de/cms/bilder.php?id=24&bid=20
Wouldn't be a lot of work, I'm always up for requests for the plugins.
I didn't add rating or commenting so far because I thought I'd better keep it basic (no one uses Mybb thread rating function in my boards and commenting images might be better in threads of a discussion boards in my opinion).
But that's on thing why I set up subscription, I'll manually fit the addons to customers needs.

Thank you very much for being specific, I'll update gallery system with rating as soon as possible (guess tomorrow since it's midnight over here) and work on the theme again.

Good night / day
Lennart Sauter
Effect from cheap domain and hosting price, and this forum born Smile
It's showcase matter, please calm down.

This domain have good future, if backend by Profesional Webmaster and Programmer Smile
good luck to you LS134
Yes, a ratings system would be a extra feature. You should allow people to add a variety of content, if you know what I mean like HTML, video's etc.
@FBI:
Not really lol... I'm paying quite a lot for my websites running 24 hours a day and I have quite a few now (Too many to fit my signature here at mybboard.net lol).
Thank you for the kind words.

@Combo:
As I said rating system is no problem since I allready wrote it for a different site, just copying it and fitting it to the galleries.

Do you mean HTML and movies in the descriptions?
I do allow some bbcode in my CMS at Zaiendo but I'd not offer HTML - it's a security risc. I parse everything that a user enters, also in the gallery addon.
Or did you mean adding videos to the galleries instead of images?
I'd recommend the videotube gallery plugin instead in this case as only a few webmasters have enough space for video-uploads.

The download section however (Cause it's only accessible by admin) has full HTML support, you can also add youtube videos or whatever Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6