MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Design wanted - Addons in reward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously, I'm not quite buying the new theme.

Not professional enough for a forum that requires subscriptions for plugins, sorry. The thead images don't look good, and the body background doesn't either.

I could do a logo, that's about it, but I have not learned yet how to style themes.
(2009-05-20, 11:30 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it doesn't look "professional" enough for a forum offering plugins.
Try customizing the header more.
Did Ghazal theme this?
It looks like his style, but the whole layout is much better than his previous themes.

I think Orb3 made it, but have no idea actually Toungue

But I agree, the theme is not actually professional in any way IMO.
Me likes it from the colors, it looks bright.

I only dislike the logo - it's too simple.

Have a nice day
Lennart Sauter
(2009-05-20, 11:30 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it doesn't look "professional" enough for a forum offering plugins.
Try customizing the header more.
Did Ghazal theme this?
It looks like his style, but the whole layout is much better than his previous themes.

No it is not mine Smile
You can't really give him critiscm for saying it don't look professional when it looks just like any other site offering plugins or the other 90% of MyBB sites out there.
Yes, but I am offering him criticism because he actually posted this site.
The other sites, some are so awful, that I don't even bother criticizing.
My only comment regarding this site is to move it farther away from the default MyBB template.
Of course, I have no right to say this, as my themes are probably just as bad.
But this is just a suggestion/criticism.
Might I also suggest you to take of the ad spot?
It is extremely unprofessional in my opinion.
BTW, the color scheme is fine, it looks pretty nice IMO.
Unprofessional how? I don't even use my site it is purely just to design and the ad box on the portal is just showing there is space if needed on my themes.

Plus i don't really see how having ads is considered "unprofessional" as you put it, it is merely a way to earn for your site's expenses or anyother cost you have.
Putting a ad right there under the header without any table to put it in looks very "unprofessional
" (for lack of a better phrase).
Also, in my opinion, an undeveloped site shouldn't have an ad spot there, as it is more an obstruction and kind've a sign saying "WE NEED THE MONEY".
If you start out without an ad, then when you gradually get more members along with activity, put an ad back on (with a supported table of course) and it'll look much better.
But if you put it under every 1st post of each page, I think that'd be better.
I do use ads on my site, but I only started using them after 6 months worth of activity (specifically 8000 posts and 100+ members).
That is all, again, just my opinion.
Well, I have to add one point overhere...

I didn't want to have big template changes since I wanted everybody to see how the addons will look like in his/her board.

That's also the reason why I didn't deactivate the default theme as I did it at all my other boards.

@Infranight:
Did you made the last suggestions to me or to Lunty?
Wasn't clear for me at this time...

@Lunty:
You have some nice themes there but they are a bit to modified for me Smile

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Where exactly do i have a ad under the header? Can you take a picture or tell me what theme you magically see this ad.

And i agree my site is "undeveloped" as you put it that is because i don't use it like you use your site for the members and post an whatnot, I only use it too design. Is that ok with you?

Plus I don't need the 00.01p i could get of that one ad you say i have under the header i do actually have my own money.
Pages: 1 2 3