MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable signature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to disable signature?
Disable them for who? A group? A forum? The whole site?
(2009-05-22, 05:24 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Disable them for who? A group? A forum? The whole site?
For the whole site, as usual when there is this kind of missing admin feature... Angel
If you want to elininate ALL signatures, edit postbit template to remove {$post['signature']}
Nice trick Smile Not really neat once again, but does the job.
(2009-06-02, 05:55 AM)patheticcockroach Wrote: [ -> ]Nice trick Smile Not really neat once again, but does the job.

Didn't work for me!Huh
How can I disable it for some groups only? What shall I remove at the postbit template?
You can't remove it for specific groups via templates, you'd need PHP.
(2009-11-21, 10:34 PM)jbroger Wrote: [ -> ]How can I disable it for some groups only? What shall I remove at the postbit template?

As it happens, I have created a plugin that does just that. Atm is undergoing approval at the mod site by the mybb team. As soon as it is approved, I will post the link.
(2009-06-02, 01:41 AM)Gene_RI Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to elininate ALL signatures, edit postbit template to remove {$post['signature']}

I did that but the signature box when you post is still there. I need to eliminate all evidence of signature options. Is this possible?

I tried to find the plugin that labrocca is supposed to have at MyBB central but I couldn't find it. I tried a search but came up with nothing. I'm not sure if his does what I want anyway.
I can't believe they don't have a "disable signatures for all groups" option on MyBB.Huh
Pages: 1 2