MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improve english
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all!

I'm italian and i'm searching for a person that can talk with me in msn/skype because i want to improve my english Toungue

See you soon Big Grin
The biggest problem I noticed, when watching your post. Is your grammar.
Meaning the right order of your words and the right use of words.

When using referal words (refering to objects or persons), "that" is used for objects, "where" for locations and "who" for persons).
a person that can talk
should be:
a person who can talk

Also using the right word to show where the location is. ("on", for websites).
in msn/skype
should be:
on msn/skype

Always use a capitals for I, names, cities, countries, races and languages.
Italian, I'm, I, English

You're not so bad. Keep up the improvements!
(2009-05-28, 08:03 PM)dvdxseo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!

I'm italian and i'm searching for a person that can talk with me in msn/skype because i want to improve my english Toungue

See you soon Big Grin

MSN or Skype will not provide the natural environment (ambiente naturale) that is needed to improve a language. People chatting on MSN/Skype are usually on the run (occupato), and can hardly concentrate on the semantic (semantico) or syntactical (sintattica) aspects of language.

Thousands of language learning resources are available online, which you can make use of. I also recommend that you watch English channels as much as you can.

I visited "la bella Roma" twice and then decided to learn Italian because it is one of the most "musical" languages of the world. You know what I did? I bought many Italian language courses and started a self-study process; and while I'm learning I also watch Italian channels and listen to the news.

As HotPockets has already suggested, you should give grammar and spelling rules a priory.

Buona fortuna con il tuo inglese.

Regards
Thanks for your comments and suggestions Toungue
I know that the "I" must be I and not i but on the forums i (Toungue) use i instead of I Toungue

I've understood your posts..
I've 8 in (or on?) english at school Toungue I'm a monster with english but sometimes I'm distracted Toungue

PS: @maatty: can you understand this? (if yes answer in italian xD)
Che canali guardi alla televisione?
And this? Toungue
Cosa ne pensi di MyBB?

Thanks!!
Your English is not bad..Big Grin
Your English is better than most people's around here. Keep it up! Wink
Yes, in fact I'd bet to say your English is better than that of a number of people, with English as a primary language.
Thank you very much!
Tomorrow I'm going to do my english exam Toungue (a comprhension)
Best wishes for the exams dvdxseo !!!
(2009-06-13, 12:00 PM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, in fact I'd bet to say your English is better than that of a number of people, with English as a primary language.

Ehm.... are you insinuating something?

you can talk to me on msn, [email protected]
Pages: 1 2