MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bird Is The Word :: Family Guy Fan-Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-05-31, 06:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]You're also using a resolution from like 1998.
Undecided ....
Can't you fix your resolution??
(2009-05-31, 06:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]When I first go to your website, there is nothing that would indicate to me what the topic of discussion is. I would never guess that it is a Family Guy board.

As I often say here, you are creating a board in a highly crowded subject area and I don't see what you are doing to differentiate yourself from those already established sites. Why should I join this one over another one?
Actually, there's like no Family Guy fan-forums; I've googled for some for many days and found literally nothing. There's general fan-forum sites/forums, but none are usually a direct attempt at a fan "group". And right now, there's not much that's different, but there's more premium content coming soon, and we're also going to work on doing a new, more family guy-oriented layout/logo.

(2009-05-31, 06:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the rounded corners look nice, but there are some glitches
I'm currently working on fixing the bug with the rounded corners issue on the bottom. It also happens after all the posts. It's an easy fix, just need to update the theme.

(2009-05-31, 06:34 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally... I found the width of forum too much
Really? You must have a small monitor. It's like around the same width as these forums; maybe a little wider or smaller.

@Brad: I fixed the issue with the corners on viewing a thread the best I can.
It looks mostly good Tom, but it's still a bit awkward -- this is why I have yet to round my forum's corners.
Nice theme, but the forum on/off/offlock buttons are VERY grainy.
(2009-05-31, 09:12 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]It looks mostly good Tom, but it's still a bit awkward -- this is why I have yet to round my forum's corners.
I'm still looking into it to see if I can fix it. I might be completely redesigning the displaying of threads, but that's yet to be decided. Thanks for the feedback, thoughSmile

(2009-05-31, 10:24 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Nice theme, but the forum on/off/offlock buttons are VERY grainy.
Really? Can you elaborate a bit? They look fine to me, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
Well, if you figure it out, you have to show me how the hell to do it.
The banner is too.... what's the word....... UGLY! I like the post icons though, those are nice. Try to get a new banner that is related to Family Guy. It will suit the forum better Wink

Edit: Also, I'm not liking the portal that much. Imo, it would look better without it, but I've never liked portals to begin with.
(2009-05-31, 11:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you figure it out, you have to show me how the hell to do it.
Will do. I'm more than likely going to rewrite how posts are displayed though to make it flow better, and so it looks like one big box - instead of three seperate ones. Like it'll be rounded on the top, and bottom - and normal boxes in the middle.

(2009-05-31, 11:51 PM)bk2070 Wrote: [ -> ]The banner is too.... what's the word....... UGLY! I like the post icons though, those are nice. Try to get a new banner that is related to Family Guy. It will suit the forum better Wink
We're currently working on a new banner that will fit the site better.Smile The current one is a temporary placeholder.

(2009-05-31, 11:51 PM)bk2070 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Also, I'm not liking the portal that much. Imo, it would look better without it, but I've never liked portals to begin with.
Yeah. I think MyBB started doing it so that if you go to the address without the index.php, it loads the portal for some reason. I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedbackSmile
Am glad to see this page.
Its awesom good site
Pages: 1 2 3 4