MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show # of Unread PMs Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I imagine this is a pretty simple one. Currently, it reads like this:

Private Messages (Unread 0, Total 334)

This seems a little superfluous to me. I think it should be changed so that when you have 0 private messages, it just says

Private Messages

And let's say, you have 2 unread PMs:

Private Messages (2)

This is how most e-mail clients display the number of unread messages. Currently I'm doing something similar on my board, but it still says Private Messages (0) and I'd prefer to be rid of the (0).
hmmm...Not know which one But I think that it can be done through editing lang files.
(2009-06-01, 07:49 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm...Not know which one But I think that it can be done through editing lang files.

Ugh ...

I've already done that. But I can't get it to display nothing instead of 0 when there are no unread PMs. Please, I'm begging you, stop posting stuff you have no clue about ...
Open global.lang.php

Find
$l['welcome_pms_usage'] = "(Unread {1}, Total {2})";

Change to
$l['welcome_pms_usage'] = "({1})";

Open global.php
Find
	// Tell the user their PM usage
	$lang->welcome_pms_usage = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_pms_usage, my_number_format($mybb->user['pms_unread']), my_number_format($mybb->user['pms_total']));

Change into
	// Tell the user their PM usage
	if($mybb->user['pms_unread'])
	{
		$lang->welcome_pms_usage = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_pms_usage, my_number_format($mybb->user['pms_unread']));
	}
	else
	{
		$lang->welcome_pms_usage = "";
	}

Should result into
Unread = 0
[attachment=14054]

Unread > 0
[attachment=14053]
awesome, thanks!
I know the point of the thread has been filled, but I want something similar. But instead of Unread and Total OR just Unread, I want Unread and Read. Can I do that?
OK, I did that and it made the entire welcome block disappear ...
i didn't touch the welcome_block only manipulated the lang var;
(2009-06-01, 05:36 PM)LeX- Wrote: [ -> ]i didn't touch the welcome_block only manipulated the lang var;

Well, look:

[Image: Picture8-2.png]
Well look at the code i provided you to change ... any sign of touching the welcome block ?
I don't think so.
Look at my screens; it works on the default theme.
Pages: 1 2