MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Admin/mod]my request to be a beta tester was ignored...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A previous question about the SQA team was not fully answered. Yes the SQA team is there to test, but they deal with the day-to-day assurance that fixes and features that are committed into SVN do not produce problems.

So imagine we're building a playground set. The management team specs out the playground set and oversees the process. The development team buy the wood and build it. The SQA team makes sure the wood is the correct kind, and that enough screws and bolts are used to be able to hold the kids.

The beta testers are the kids that come and play on the playground once it's done to give the builders feedback. Fortunately they are nice enough to fill out comment cards when they're done having fun...assuming they are still alive.

The support team teaches the kids how to use the playground set.

The PR team makes sure the kids play nicely, and that more kids are attracted to the playground.
I was chosen to Beta test one MyBB version and the merge system. It was a cool experience but I found that I was of not so much use as most of what I tested hard and found issues with were already reported. MyB has opened the option up for many folks in the past so just keep an eye open and help others and learn what you can for the benefit of the project. MyBB is one of the most open and fair projects out here to date. Even before the move to GPL v3.
iirc, I once saw the beta testing usergroup in the Group Memberships area. Never bothered with it though.
(2009-06-23, 01:07 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]iirc, I once saw the beta testing usergroup in the Group Memberships area. Never bothered with it though.

They post up and let folks know they could join the user group for approval and some would be selected. That's how I came abo0ut being a Beta Tester both times. Was quite simple and excellent as an opportunity to see there work and development in action and have the ability to help.
Nice! If I was into MyBB a bit more back then, I would've applied Wink
Wow, 9 posts and 11 months late... I think one of the requirements to be a beta tester is being an active member of the community, it would defeat the purpose of closed beta testing if the tester wasn't around to give feedback or have an understanding of how MyBBoard.net functioned.
yes, ok.

i need to be more active and helpful.

but hey, it is kinda hard when you aint running mybb because last time i tried to merge mybb with vbulletin 3.8.2, i ended up with no forum/thread names. :s

very awkward
I think the merge updated since then
Pages: 1 2 3