MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admin password?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any way to change the main admin password.
In phpMyAdmin, edit your user in mybb_users. Set your password box to whatever you want the password to be, and click MD5 in the select box beside your password. Then blank out the salt column. Submit and try to login with the password you entered.
Well I have issues so I just wanted to let some one in to look around so they could see what is wrong. Instead of phpmyadmin could I just assign another user as addmin and if so how?
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Change the X to the UID of the used. That's the only way to do it if you can't login to the ACP, no other way of doing it... if you're hoping this new admin will be able to change your password in the ACP, they won't be able to, because your user will be a super admin, and as this new suer won't be, they won't be able to edit your user... probably easier to just reset your password Undecided
how to reset password then?
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Check your table prefix and change the X to your UID, this will change it to 'test'.
And where do you put this php code?
It's an SQL query, run it in phpMyAdmin.
But I'm not familiar with mysql that why I was asking if there was a way to do this with out sql.
Well, no, there isn't really, but you don't need to know anything about MySQL to do this, you just go into phpMyAdmin, choose your database from the list on the left, click the SQL tab along the top, copy and paste that code into the box and hit Go, no coding knowledge needed whatsoever.... it'll take about 60 seconds.

Maybe look at this too: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44380.html

You should really try and understand the basics of using phpMyAdmin though, it's quite a commonly used tool for running a serious forum...
Pages: 1 2 3