MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin for mybb 1.4*] Disable right click for guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It won't properly stop them, because they can just view the source, it'll just stop people who don't think of that, or Ctrl+C
This right click funsction basically applies to those forums that uses image attachements in thumbnail view,
If you are using full sized images as attachements then it is not needed at all to stop the users to copy or steal etc...

When I made this Plugin, I focuses onto making the attachements as Thumbnails, But when their was a difficulty of viewing attachements in mybboard.biz so I deactivate that plugin
(2009-06-14, 08:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about Ctrl+U?? I can still get any content I want then.

And even if Ctrl+U is disabled, we can still use Firebug
But what about the posts, will they be able still to copy and paste them? I tried to do it but I could not see them at the page source. So I think that they can not copy them.
Well, they are in the page source... :|
I did not see them. I tried here too but even here I was not able to see the posts in the page source.
Dunno what's wrong with your browser then. Copy some text from a post and search in the source for it, I see them just fine, they're page content, that's what the source is, shows all the code and text on the page...
I had to clear the cache and I saw it then. Thanks MattRogowski.
I have some idea to think about.
All guys here are concern about "stealing" something from their forum.
Basically, forum built and growing by, from and for members. So, forum does not own by Admin.
And free for public, free to share, and free to "steal" Smile

The idea is..
make all the post displayed by GD PHP (picture), and place as background via CSS.
So, It will difficult to "right click", except view source or save as page..
If bandwidth is unlimited, this is good or bad idea? Big Grin
GD is a bad idea - imagine if the posts-per-page setting is 30 (or higher) for example. Loading 30 images in GD would be extremely hard for a server to handle.

I'll put it simply - if it's something worth stealing, then don't put it on the Internet. No matter what you do, it's practically impossible to stop someone who is determined enough to get your content.
Pages: 1 2 3