MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migraine Remedies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone happen to know any migraine cures?? Not things like staying in a dark room, lying down, drinking water, even pain killers, no good, just curious if you know of any weird and wonderful way of curing them.

I've had bad migraines for years, at least 7, I have 2-3 a week, and I can't eat or drink anything when I have them, and they are always in a very specific part of my head. Does anyone else get them or know someone who does?? I have pills that work a treat, they stop them even starting, but I ran out the other day and right now I've got my first migraine in weeks; the pills work but I can't stay on them forever.

Serious suggestions, nothing like using chloroform to knock myself out or anything Toungue
See a doctor :\
It's probaly stress with exam's and not getting enough sleep, Exercise is known to help migrane's but not too sure about curing them for good.
(2009-06-16, 08:29 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone happen to know any migraine cures?? Not things like staying in a dark room, lying down, drinking water, even pain killers, no good, just curious if you know of any weird and wonderful way of curing them.

I've had bad migraines for years, at least 7, I have 2-3 a week, and I can't eat or drink anything when I have them, and they are always in a very specific part of my head. Does anyone else get them or know someone who does?? I have pills that work a treat, they stop them even starting, but I ran out the other day and right now I've got my first migraine in weeks; the pills work but I can't stay on them forever.

Serious suggestions, nothing like using chloroform to knock myself out or anything Toungue
Why don't you just take a short nap.
(2009-06-16, 08:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]See a doctor :\

Oh, yeah forgot to add that, seen them so many times I've lost count, all they say is that they're just normal headaches and they just push pills on me, none of which work, apart from the ones I just ran out of.

(2009-06-16, 08:56 PM)Lunty Wrote: [ -> ]It's probaly stress with exam's and not getting enough sleep

Could be, but I can have a perfectly relaxing week during the holidays and get plenty of sleep and then have a killer migraine the next day.

(2009-06-16, 09:08 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you just take a short nap.

Doesn't help either, quite often I have one when I go to sleep and it's there when I wake up, sometimes I go to sleep with one just starting and it's fully-blown when I wake up, sometimes I just wake up with them... seems to be no real rhyme or reason for what causes them, the doctors say it's usually bright light or eye straining etc that causes them but even when I do nothing like that, I can get a bad one. May just be one of those things that I'll have to put up with but they can be really debilitating at times.
Take Excedrin, works great.
Well this only helps in the short run, get drunk. and stay drunk. Toungue after your out of booze i suppose it gets larger. a flaw.....
I had a migraine this morning and even after 2 Excedrins I wanted to die. I ended up taking a cold water bottle and put it over my eye (when I get migraines its always behind my right eye/temple) and sure enough I was able to get to sleep in no time. I got the idea from my co-worker who takes bags of frozen vegetables and wraps them to her head with a towel... cold stuff works good. Big Grin
Other than Kujoe I don't think people here understand a migraine is not an ordinary headache. I suffer from them too. When I was a teen they started and for about a decade or so they were frequent. They are VERY painful and basically crippling forcing a person to try and sleep it off.

I used to get so bad I had to vomit in order to feel a bit better and then I would have to pass out. This was before all the new migraine medications. My mother suffers from migraines and takes them now. For the past 10 years I only get them like once or twice a year. I even went a number of years without one. Hopefully I have somehow outgrown them.

As for solutions...try rubbing Vicks on your temples. Sounds weird but it can help.
No, I definitely know they're not the same as normal headaches ... which is why I said see a doctor.

Vicks? You mean like, Vaporub?
Pages: 1 2 3